Reload this Page >

Restaurant recommendations for Aruba

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Sandy

Hi - We're returning to Aruba after a few years. Any new restaurants? What about some old ones you love to visit? Would love to get some recommendations. Thanks.

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 01:34 PM
John

The Fabulous Fishbone is "Fabulous", outstanding setting, you literally sit in the sand on a small beach, very romantic.

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Ronnie

I thought El Gaucho was excellent!Authenthic Argentinian cuisine.<BR>Ronnie

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 04:14 PM
Jane

We were in Aruba for a week in September and LOVED the food. Some of our favorites were: <BR><BR>Chalet Suisse - Excellent food and service<BR>The French Steakhouse - Ambassador's special with a free shared bottle of wine is a great deal. Seems that there is a big debate between the steak here and at El Gaucho. We didn't make it to El Gaucho so I can't comment on their steak, but it was incredible at the French Steakhouse. <BR>Madame Janette's - Great food, atmosphere and reasonable prices<BR>Que Pasa - Neat, funky spot downtown<BR>The Buccaneer - Huge aquariums, great seafood w/ reasonable prices<BR>Pirate's Nest - Beachfront dining w/ views of the sunset and great food for a lot less money than Flying Fishbone<BR><BR>Have a great time in Aruba! I'm jealous!<BR><BR>

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:57 PM
sue

Personally I was not a fan of Flying Fishbones. Your can sit right on the beach at Simply Fish at the Marriot also. They have live entertainment and you can walk to there from the high rise area.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 04:14 PM
michelle

I enjoyed Gasparito very much. It is an art gallery/restaurantand a great place to have a special meal. From appetizers to dessert the food was delicious.<BR>The Hyatt has a Dinner on the beach option that was a once in a lifetime opportunity. You get a private waiter and a formal dinner outside on the beach with tiki torches and everything.<BR>Amazonia was a great Brazilian steakhouse.<BR>

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:18 PM
sally

You must go to Charlie's,if not to eat but just to look at the walls and everything people have put up there over the years.It's quite a place!

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 04:38 AM
Kathy

Which restaurants might offer good food at reasonable prices? We're headed there for 9 nites and would like a few inexpensive nites out. thanks

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 05:41 AM
jessie

I went to aruba in the begining of july. We went to Flying fishbone, great food. great atmosphere. El Gaucho great also great and they give plenty of food. the Sunset grill at the radisson also great!. they are so many wonderful places there you wont be disapointed.<BR><BR>for a few cheap nights out you can have fast food. or just go to places for dinner with no extras food is really good there so the only time we would eat cheap was for lunches. hope this helps,

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Jane

Kathy, <BR><BR>I'm not sure what price range your would consider &quot;reasonable&quot;, but there are several entree options in the $10-$15 range at The Buccaneer and at Madame Janette's. And, we LOVED both of these restaurants. <BR><BR>There is also a take-out place called King Ribs that gets great reviews and I understand their prices are pretty cheap. But, they were remodeling when we were there in September, so we weren't able to try it. It's on the right side of the road not far from the grocery stores that are between downtown and the resort area. <BR><BR>I don't like to eat fast food or at other chain restaurants that I could find at home when I'm on vacation. I'd rather pay a few more dollars for a unique experience. Just my opinion.<BR><BR>Also, for TONS of Aruba restaurant information, check out the Restaurant Review forum and the &quot;Old Aruba Restaurant Reviews&quot; link on the top of the page at www.aruba-bb.com. <BR><BR>Cheers!<BR>

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Tobey

I was in Aruba in October and tried a place that was recommended here. It is a Dutch Pizza and Pancake House. It is called Lindas and is right out side the highrise area. Tell the cabbie it is next to &quot;Captians Corner&quot;. It is inexpensive and the pizza and Dutch Pancakes are both great. We went on our last night and were disappointed we did not discover it earlier. Really loved the place and the waitress and the bartender/owner couldn't have been nicer. It is a small little place with only a couple of tables inside and a few outside. Give it a try you wont be disappointed.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Jake

Flying Fishbone: Great ambiance, OK food<BR>Le Dome: EXCELLENT swiss/french food<BR>Chez Mathilde: In a class of its own!!! Probably our favorinte restaurant of all the islands we've been to. (Even better than some Grand Case favorites).<BR><BR>ENJOY!!!

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Kristen

Definitely El Gaucho. Best steak I have ever had. Reasonably priced too.<BR><BR>And Madame Janette's.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 11:19 AM
delegator

chez mathilde -- hands down one of the best meals I've ever had, while on vacation. order the chocolate soufle (must be done when ordering main meal) -- oh that vanilla sauce. yum.

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Sharon

We just returned from Aruba and our favorite restaurants were:<BR>Excellent--Pago Pago (Wyndham), Mango's (Amsterdam Manor Hotel), Fishes &amp; More (across street from Radisson), Simply Fish (Marriott). Very Good--Amazonia (Brazilian), French Steakhouse (Manchebo Beach Hotel), Champion's Sports Bar (Marriott--hamburgers, hot dogs, finger foods etc.). <BR>Please don't order fish at Madame Jeanette's--not fresh--everything else very good --great atmosphere.<BR>This was our 7th trip to Aruba and we would like to add Gasparito Restaurant for local cuisine--sit outside.<BR>For a special evening try Pago, Pago--excellent cuisine, beautifully decorated, pianist and an upscale restaurant.<BR>Best bargains--Fishes &amp; More (Surf and Turf-$20 --owned/operated by 4 chefs from Holland), Mango's (open air--very good dutch chef), French Steakhouse (Ambassador's Special $40 with wine).<BR>Best atmosphere--Simply Fish (tables directly on beach by water).<BR>Biggest portions--Amazonia--just keep coming with those meats when your shaker is turned to green--fun place.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 04:37 AM
Martha

Charlie's has great prawns. Be sure to order some kind of drink because when we ordered just water, they made sure to balk! It's casual and fun and away from the big hotel area--you'll probably have to drive--not far, though. Have fun!

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 04:53 AM
Kristen

Most definitely El Gaucho...best steak I have ever had. Madame Janette's is good too. And for a good, inexpensive lunch, eat at Kokoa's on the DePalm Pier next to the Radisson. The pizzas are wonderful and so is the view.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 05:01 AM
Lisa

We visited Aruba in June and my favorite restaurant was Ventanas Del mar which is at the golf course. On wednesdays they have a surf and turf special which was fabulous!! The corn chowder soup served in a bread bowl was excellent as was everything else! Definately put this restaurant on your list and go on Wednesday for a fabulous meal!! Have a great time!

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 12:32 PM
DENISE

We just got back from Aruba. Our favorite restaurants were Le Dome, great atmosphere and food, Que Pasa great appetizers, Amazonia, and Cuba's Cooking. We found all the restaurants to be expensive. Have fun!<BR> Denise

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:05 PM
BR

E'scale was great! It's located in Oranjestad. We also thought Chez Mathilde was outstanding. Probably the top two restaurants on the island.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -