Are there any spring break bargains?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to plan a last minute spring break trip with my children ages 13 and 10. We usually go to the Florida panhandle/Gulf of Mexico, but the weather is unpredicable there this time of year. We want something definitely warmer (e.g., Caribbean) or to just forget the beach and do something different. I posted a message on the US forum asking for ideas as well, but we would really like the Caribbean if we could find a deal. Does anyone know of any great spring break deals that would be good for a family with a 13 and a 10 year old -- or does no such thing exist during spring break times?
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

I forgot to say in my initial post that I have found some availability at Atlantis and at FDR Pebbles Jamaica (although not necessarily a bargain). Is anyone familiar with the FDR Pebbles in Jamaica?
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 11:06 AM

Would you consider a cruise? My girlfriend and I are taking her niece (17 years old) and her friend for their senior break on a seven night Royal Caribbean cruise out of New Orleans. My share (two per room) cost me just under $1,000 and that includes the airfare. We just recently booked it for the week of Easter. I thought that was quite a deal, especially for that time of year.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 06:08 PM

We just booked a spring break trip for our family and I found many cruise bargains. I don't know where you are leaving from, but we looked at Cruises out of Galveston and New Orleans as it was much easier to get airfare on short notice at a reasonable rate. We also looked at some last minute deals through a hotline website I know. Let me know where you are leaving from and I'll forward it to you if it would work for you. We finally decided on The Club at Hammock Beach in Palm Coast (south of St. Augustine) We fly direct to Daytona and the room rate was a steal for an amazing resort with a water park, lazy river and on the beach. We're dealing with 3 kids 8, 4 and 1 which is why I said no to the cruise idea (no sitters...stuck on a boat with a baby)and the AI carribean deals were out as we would need 2 rooms and there were not ajoining rooms this late (gotta love fire codes) Vacationstogo.com seems to have some great cruise deals. Good Luck
Old Mar 18th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the cruise ideas and the reference to the vacationstogo.com website. I was not familiar with that site. I saw some great bargains on the site, but none that fit my dates with a port close enough to drive to. The flights at this late date were so high they would offset the bargain we would be getting on the cruise! We are near Atlanta and would be able to drive fairly easily to Mobile or even Tampa or Fort Lauderdale. The best cruise in our dates was out of Galveston though. We are trying to go the week before Easter -- like many, many other people!
Old Mar 18th, 2007, 07:50 PM

Try the website Holasanjuan.com they specialize in small hotels packages in San Juan Puerto Rico