Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Any all inclusives on Nevis, St. Kitts.etc?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 03:03 PM
Janey

Hi,<BR>Wondering where would be the best place to go ---best beaches, snorkeling,and if there are any decent package deals/or all inclusive hotels/resorts in these areas?<BR>Thanks

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Nancy

St. Kitts and Nevis are not &quot;all inclusive&quot; types of islands.<BR>There are many great places to eat in a very laid back island atmosphere.<BR>If you are interested in an all-inclusive vacation, I would probably suggest another island for you. <BR>Very little night life, not known for beaches or snorkeling...<BR>There are many other locales in the Caribbean that fit what you are looking for - just not Nevis and St. Kitts.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Janey

Where would you suggest?<BR>thanks.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Nancy

Hi Janey,<BR>If you want all you asked for in your first post, I'd say Provo, Turks and Caicos or St. John, USVI.<BR>Provo has Beaches and Allegro AI's and fantastic beaches and snorkeling.<BR>St. John has really good snorkeling and nice beaches.<BR>The best choice for you would probably be the Mayan Riviera. Lots of gorgeous beaches with good snorkeling, lots to do and see, and some nice AI's.<BR>Try just south of Playa del Carmen.<BR>(The prices are usually better than the rest of the Caribbean, and the AI resorts are as nice.)<BR>I might also suggest Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Nothing but a row of nice AI's on one of the best beaches in the Caribbean, easy to get to, and one of the least expensive Caribbean destinations.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Janey

Hi Nancy,<BR>Thanks for all the information.<BR>We have been to Playa to Akumal to Tulum many, many times in the last year, so we are up for something new. Punta Cana sounds interesting, will check it out. Thankyou!

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Debbie

St. Kitts does have an all-inclusive. It's called Jack Tar Village or now might be referred to as Allegro.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Nancy

Jack Tar Village closed earlier this week.<BR>You're welcome Janey.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Angel

I was nor aware that Jar Tar Village closed Nancy. We stayed there only three weeks ago. I have to say that I would certainly not recommend this place in any event for honeymooners. It struck me as being very much a place for families and it was just too basic for my liking - we ended up there only because we were with a group who chose it. Janey, if you would like to go to St Kitts and do not mind a place that is not all inclusive but where you will certainly get something great for your money, then consider Ottleys Plantation Inn - it would be perfect for a honeymoon. Gorgeous property with luxury villa/cottage type accomodation!! Superb service, first rate accomodation. Wonderful gourmet restaurant on the property. Good luck with your decision

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Nancy

Yes, Angel, Ottley's is very nice. There are many wonderful places on St. Kitts and Nevis, but it didn't really sound like what Janey was looking for.<BR>There is a lot of discussion why Jack Tar closed. The new Marriott supposedly will not let guests at JTV access the beach through their property, but I don't know what the real reason is.<BR>I do know that it has closed (supposedly for good) within the last couple of days.