Reload this Page >

Anse Chastanet for honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Susan

Greetings -- <BR>My husband-to-be and I are going to Anse Chastanet on our honeymoon in early August. Neither of us have ever been the Caribbean. We chose AC because we wanted to go somewhere that was all-inclusive but also small, secluded, romantic, and unique. And also one that offered activites like snorkeling, biking, hiking, etc. We chose the Total Romance Package and a Superior Hillside room. I have been reading so many postings on this site and others about the pros and cons of AC. I am mainly worried about the bugs. Has anyone visited AC with a similar plan and agenda? Any comments would be helpful. As the wedding gets closer, I am beginning to second-guess all of my decisions -- including AC for the honeymoon!

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 01:23 PM
emily

I too, am looking at Anse Chastanet for my honeymoon next May. Can you share your experiences from your recent trip? Anyone else out there have any advice about Anse Chastanet? I am wondering if bugs and/or heat is an issue there.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Nancy

Hello Emily,<BR>It is very romantic and secluded. <BR>The food was quite good, and the diving and snorkeling was superior.<BR>Stock up on Deep Woods Off and use the mosquito netting they provide. The mosquitos are voracious. The only time the heat got to me was putting on make-up getting ready for dinner in the evenings. The lights in the bathroom over the mirror are very bright and give off a lot of heat.<BR>Since you are thinking of going in May (low season) ask them for an upgrade to a hillside deluxe. The higher up the (long) hill, the better the rooms and views.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 01:06 PM
xxxx

I spent my honeymoon at Anse Chastanet 2 years ago in mid september and we stayed in a superior hillside room.<BR>I did not find the bugs to be too bad especially since the superior hillside rooms have screens on the windows unlike the more deluxe rooms which are open to the outside.<BR>You definitely picked the right place for snorkling and hiking. The snorkling off the beach is amazing even better in my opinion to Provo Coral Gardens where we went this spring.<BR>We were so happy spending our first Caribbean trip at AC and St. Lucia is a beautiful island. Don't second guess yourself, you'll have a great time.<BR>Keep in mind you will see a lot of poverty and the roads are horrible but the friendly people and amazing landscape makes it all worthwhile.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 09:42 AM
lin g

We were married at Anse Chastanet two years ago on the beach. It is very beautifull there and I'm sure that you will not regret it. As far as bugs are concerned, keep off the beach at night or wear bug goo. Other than at the beach bar-b-que we were not bitten at all. You do not need air conditioning - the cross breezes up on the hill are great and you will be cool, in fact - take a little cardigan or shawl for the evening. There are two restaurants for dinner and if you get there reasonably early or later than everyone else you can eat in the prettier of the two. The food is great, the hiking is superb and the mountain biking trip is a lot of fun. We are going back to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary there. A very special place.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Sally

I was there in December. We stayed in a premium room which is open to the outside. No problem with bugs. Leaving the fan on and mosquito netting does the trick. We thought AC was very beautiful and had an exotic feel. However, this is not a &quot;luxury&quot; hotel if that is a concern. <BR>My husband and I loved it. We are scuba divers and wanted easy access to great dive sites. Also, it is great for active people because there is so much to do. The staff was also great. We hardly left the hotel because taxi's were expensive and the roads were terrible. I do not recommend renting a car. We did go to dinner at Ladera twice, which was great. I would give the food at AC only about a fair rating. It was very expensive, even with a meal plan, and not very good. As a result, I lost about 5lbs and my husband lost about 10lbs after being there for a week. We were happy about that.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 07:15 AM
Margaret

I would look into St. John before you decide. Our friends honeymooned in St. Lucia and the following year rented a villa in St. John. They said they had wished they picked St. John instead for their honeymoon.<BR><BR>We also went to St. John this year. Absolutely breathtaking. If you don't like the idea of a villa (which is a fabulous experience) then Caneel Bay resort would be lovely. It has 7 beaches. I don't think you could go wrong with St. John.<BR><BR>Congratulations. You will have a wonderful time no matter where you go.<BR><BR>Margaret