Anguilla: Kid-friendly restaurants?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are two couples with a 6 mos infant and a 2yo toddler. Any suggestions for lunch and dinner spots on Anguilla that wouldn't mind the little ones? We are on the island now (taking advantage of nap time!) and just visited Straw Hat for lunch, which was very good. Thank you!!!
Old Dec 10th, 2009, 02:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Zara's near Shoal Bay East. We've been there several times and there were always a few families enjoying dinner. The food is excellent and I'm sure they will have a pasta dish for the 2 yr.old.
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 06:02 AM

Any place on Shoal Bay East would be good for kids for lunch. You might want to consider Elodia's in particular, which has good sandwiches and salads and great frozen drinks--for $25/day you can rent a large cabana that makes shading the tender infant and toddler skin a breeze.

Lucy's at Long Bay would be kid friendly earlier in the evening. And you can get great BBQ at B&D's, just up the road from Lucy's. Either take it with you back to where you're staying, or eat there outside at the tables set up in the yard.

Valley Bistro would be good for breakfast or lunch with kids.

The Cafe at Veya would also be good for lunch--and great for picking things up to take back for dinner at "home."

Where are you staying?
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Original Poster

We are staying in a villa near Meads Bay. The Valley restaurants are tough for us to reach. Any suggestions out our way?

The boys are out picking up B&D's for us now.

Thanks!
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 06:37 PM

Oh, one more suggestion would be the Ferryboat Inn for either lunch or dinner. At lunch you'll get the gorgeous view of St. Martin, but either meal would be good for little ones. Reasonably priced, too, for Anguilla. I happen to think their rum punch is the best on the island--it's not sweet like so many others.

Oh, and another inexpensive place for lunch is the restaurant at Anguilla Great House. They have simple grilled cheese and BLT sandwiches in the $5-8 range.

Hope you enjoyed B&D! And please post a trip report here when you get back for the rest of us to enjoy.
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 03:48 AM

I have two little ones myself (3 years old and 1), TYPAT, and I'd not be comfortable with them at most restaurants, unless they've been sedated. ;-) Adults will not appreciate crying, etc.

Elodia's cabana idea is a great one. We'll do that next time. Great idea!!!!

Lucy's is uneven. It's the oldest restaurant on the island, and lots of people like it. It's not a place I'd bring the kids, or return to, after an unfortunate meal there.

We just returned from Anguilla and my top pick would be to do what we did. Spend a famly day at the beach at da'Vida. They just opened their beach bar, with BBQ hot dogs, hamburgers, salads. Simple, cheap, delicious. And they'll bring your order to your chaises on the beach.

I was really lucky and found this from a review at Anguilla-Beaches.com

http://www.anguilla-beaches.com/cari...estaurant.html

You can see from the photos there are lots of shading opportunities for the kids, and of course bring additional sun protection.

It was a perfect day at the beach, with a restaurant right there. Crocus is also the perfect beach to dip the kiddies' toes. It's almost always near-glass quiet.

I hope this is helpful.
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

Caribbean Jill, thanks for the tip! We actually ended up going on a whim to Crocus Bay and had lunch at the grill at daVida. I agree that the beach is perfect for little ones, and my daughter loved it. The waves were very gentle. However, I can't say I'd recommend the food at the grill. Maybe it was a fluke, but our meals were not great. Still, I'd definitely give it another chance and try daVida instead.