Search

Anchorage condos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:48 PM
lsb
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anchorage condos

Anyone stay here recently? There are some positive comments on tripadvisor but none are recent. Will I need a car from this location? How is the beach? Is it a good place for kids? Thanks.
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:53 AM

I have not stayed there but I just saw a post on the St. John AOL travel board where someone recommended the Anchorage condos as their favorite place on Cayman. You probably will need a car. We are going to GC and staying at Plantana - 12 more days and we're there!!!
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:29 AM

Since the Anchorage is located on the quieter part of 7MB, a car is recommended. My son is 11, and if we stayed there, he would have been bored. (but, my son is extremely active) We stayed at Villas of Galleon,and right next door was the Westin. It was nice to just walk over and rent waverunners, etc.
How old are your children. If they are really young, then they won't know the difference.
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:22 PM
lsb
Original Poster

Meta,My kids are 9 and 13 year old girls. Do you think they would be bored? I thought we would do a lot of snorkeling and swimming in the ocean. Did you book Villas of Galleon through a booking company or directly through the condo? Thanks.
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:13 PM
anonxx

Our children (similar in age to your kids) did not get at all bored. They loved swimming in the ocean, snorkeling, hanging out on the beach, etc. We mixed in occational golfing and shopping and everyone had a blast. In fact when we stopped at the bigger hotels and beaches, they commented that they didn't like the crowds and were happy our beach was far less busy. However, everyone has their own idea of a great vacation.

Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:13 PM

lsb, it really depends on your children. Since I have only one child, we like to be around other kids for him to play with. Nothing overwhelming, just a few kids.

I think most of 7mb is good for kids. If you check out caymanvacations.com they give really good descriptions of the properties, as well as beach conditions.

I'm sure wherever you stay, everyone will have a great time.
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:19 PM

lsb, I forgot to mention, make sure you spend a day at Rum Point. We had a great time.