Search

All-inclusive

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 07:13 PM
LR

All-inclusive

My husband and I are looking for an upscale (better than Club Med) all-inclusive Caribbean resort. We'd like a resort with great food, a beautiful setting, tasteful accomodations, high-end service and some nightlife.

Old May 9th, 2002, 03:06 AM
Melissa

Which Island?

Old May 9th, 2002, 07:54 AM
Kim

Try any Sandals Resort.

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Marie

If you also would like to be pampered then you should check out the upscale Super Clubs Grand Lido Sans Souci Jamaica.

Old May 9th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Penney

I agree on the Grand Lido resorts, specifically Negril or San Souci. Considered amoung the best in the Caribbean.<BR><BR>The newer Beaches Royal Plantation also gets favorable reviews.

Old May 12th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Marie

I stayed at "Swept Away" in Negril Jamaica ten years ago. It was only two years old then and everything was top notch. Check it out. They don't do a lot of advertising, but their business is good. That says something. It's an all inclusive without the camplike atmoshere. There was no money spared to build this resort.

Old May 12th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Leanna

Just a note from previous post, Swept Away is fantastic but I believe it is under renovation until December of this year, need to check that out if you're interested.

Old May 12th, 2002, 02:31 PM
wondering

Any upscale inclusives NOT in Jamaica?

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Kim

Jamaica has wonderful All_Inclusives. We go to Jamaica every year and love the people they are great.If you dont ck out Jamaica you are missing the best!

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Lv2trvl

Jumby Bay, Antigua, and not the prepackaged Sandals-type thing.

Old May 13th, 2002, 07:49 AM
helibel

Just spent several days at Wyndham Sugar Bay in St Thomas and thought it was really nice. Incredible staff, beautiful manicured property and the food was good sometimes exceptional. There is a ton of stuff to do on the island so you won't get bored. They do have a night club, but we kept falling aspleep to early to really enjoy it.

Old May 13th, 2002, 07:55 AM
Bob

Other than Jamacia? Sure. How about Jalouise Hilton Resort & Spa on St. Lucia http://www.jalousie-hilton.com/ or Blue Water on Antigua http://www.bluewaters.net/ or Spice Island Resort on Grenada http://www.spicebeachresort.com/ or the Turtle Beach Resort in Barbados http://hotelsdeluxe.com/TurtleBeach/ or the Royal Pavilion also on Barbados at http://www.fairmont.com/FA/en/CDA/Home/Hotels/AboutHotel/CDHotelHomePage/0,2993,property%25255Fseq%253D100132,00.html<BR><B R>These are just a few suggestions. There may be other suggestions from other folks to research.<BR><BR>Happy Travels!!!

Old May 13th, 2002, 01:10 PM
lisa

Galley Bay, Antigua!

Old May 14th, 2002, 03:26 PM
Penney

Just posted in Caribbean Travle and Life was a list of the top all-inclusives:<BR><BR>Grand Lido San Souci, Jamaica<BR>Jalousie Hilton, St. Lucia<BR>Sandals Royal Bahamian<BR>Royal Hideaway Playacar, Mexico<BR>Biras Creek, BVI<BR>Coral Marien Beach Hotel and Spa, DR<BR>Jumby Bay, Antigua

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Lisa

I agree, Swept Away Negil Jamacia was awesome. If your looking for a resort with a really nice beach, this is the palce to go. The water is beautiful and the beach is awesome, white sand. The resort itself if set in really beautiful gardens with paths that lead from the rooms to the beach, pool, restaurants, etc.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 10:07 AM
margo

An all inclusive better than a club med would be,in my opinion, the Riu Palace in the Mayan Coast (mainland across from Cozumel). The hotel is breath-taking, the accomodations immaculate and the service is top notch. The mini bar in the room has a pull-down dispenser for booze (if you wish to use it. The bathroom has a bidet. The meals are served with white linens, and the staff in the evenings are in white dinner jackets. The atmosphere is not stuffy ....woderful all around.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 11:07 AM
fiona

Helibel<BR>we are thinking about Wyndham sugar Bay but have seen mixed reports. What in particular did you like? Could you see any reasons for negative views! Would really appreciate your views!

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:34 AM
nancy

RIU Palace- Just returned from paradise!!!!. The beach was beautiful and so clear(walk forever too). Lots of palm trees if you want to get out of the sun. The rooms were excellant(standards have a sunk in living room and balcony.)FYI- Tip the bartenders at the biggining of your stay and you will be taken care of!! If you stay at the palace you have access to their 3 other resorts all in walking distance. Pool was also excellant(swim-up bar). Night shows were great too. We saw a musical(Grease)and a show that had a Michael Jackson impersonator. Food was very very good. If you want a top-notch place to stay in Playa del Carmen this is it! We will definitley go back. Visit riu.com. The pictures don't do the hotel enough justice!

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 09:30 PM
Joe

Ritz Carlton Rose Hall Jamaica. High end service, high end room, high end setting, and high end food for a very reasonable price with their all-inclusive package.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:03 AM
sarah

Fiona -<BR>I stayed at the Wyndam Sugar Bay on St. Thomas a few years ago. My husband and I found it to be just okay. The rooms and service were fine. We did have issues with the food and the beach though.<BR><BR>The food was mediocre (I equated it to Ruby-Tuesday/Bennigans type food). Also, there are only like 3 restaurants and only 1 was somewhat dinner worthy. The buffet place was not good at all. THe best food we had were the burgers by the pool for lunch.<BR><BR>The beach is horrible. It is really small and people jet ski from it, so you constantly smell jet ski fuel while you are laying out and swimming. <BR><BR>All that being said, I got what I paid for at the Wyndam - it was clean, safe, and I had a beautiful view from my room. We got pretty cheap rates, so we were able to venture out quite a bit for dinner anyway - there are some good restaurants on St. Thomas & St. John. St. John is only about a 15 minute ($3) ferry ride. After a day or 2 at our resort, we decided to go to St. John every day because its beaches are beautiful. <BR><BR>Take the day cruise to the Baths at Virgin Gorda - it's a great trip. We still had a great time in St. Thomas/St. John, but I thought you should be aware of some of the possible negative sides of the resort