Reload this Page >

top of the line all-inclusive

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 12:50 PM
kurt

what is the highest quality all-inclusive in terms of quality of food, beverages and beach location?

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Barry

That's like asking, What is the best gourmet restaurant in Lubbock Texas?<BR>Or which Carnival Cruise boat is most luxurious?<BR>AI's don't attempt to draw people looking for top of the line accommodations and food. Not their target market.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 01:34 AM
xxx

Royal Plantation by Beaches is a 5 star All Inclusive Resort located in Ocho Rios Jamaica. The resort is small and intimate, luxurious rooms, all around beautiful. There are 2 small beaches that are lovely. The food is outstanding, all top shelf. Lovely Spa,Gym and Tennis. It is very laid back, elegant and quiet. Wonderful staff.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 04:33 AM
Pete

Hey Barry,<BR><BR>Your post above is a huge generalization and false.<BR><BR>We have traveled to a number of AIs and the food and accommodation have been terrific.<BR><BR>I refer to the Lido properties and Couples properties in Jamaica - specifically Negril. <BR><BR>These properties were fabulous.<BR><BR>Your comment is typical of a few people who post on this board who offer advice even if they now nothing of the topic.<BR><BR>How many AIs have you been to and please provide details of your experience?

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Jennifer

Kurt,<BR><BR>I have traveled throughout the Caribbean to many of the all-inclusive resorts. There are quite a few to choose from. But, if you are looking for the highest quality in accommodations, service and overall resort appearance, you would probably want to look at the Lido resorts in Jamaica. They are continuously ranked number one for all-inclusives in the Caribbean. Grand Lido Negril and Grand Lido Sans Souci cater to a clientele that knows what they want and are looking for an elegant resort.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:04 AM
fyi

Jumby Bay, Antigua. <BR>Half Moon Bay, Ja

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Mary

I agree with Pete wholeheartedly. There are some wonderful AI's with wonderful food AND top shelf liquor. You just gotta find the right ones. Check out the Royal Hideaway in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 04:42 PM
xxx

Make those reservations for the all inclusive, right after you finish slopping at the Big Country Buffet, have the oil changed in the '74 AMC Gremlin and get the cardboard off the windows of the double wide to make room for the new drapes made out of real cloth.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Beth

I agree all AI s are different. The best AI we have ever been to is the Iberostar Bavaro in Punta Cana great food selection good drinks beautiful beaches. But the food choices was out of this world