TNT Vacation trouble

Apr 26th, 2002, 01:56 PM
John

TNT Vacation trouble

My wife and I booked a vacation on TNT out of Boston departing on May 3. 10 days before we are set to depart, TNT decides to cancel our trip and rebook us a day latter. That might be fine for someone with tons of vacation days, but it makes my 7 day trip cost me 6 vacation days. And the fact that I can't get my refund back in time to book a trip with another company is icing on the cake. In the future, if I've go $2000.00 to book a trip with TNT or throw out the window, I'm choosing the window.

Apr 27th, 2002, 10:02 AM
shaun

just curious - did they give you the option to cancel and rebook on your own or any monetary credit for missing the day - where are you going?

May 1st, 2002, 08:25 AM
john

They did offer us a refund, but we were told that it would take up to a month for the credit to come through. With only 10 days until our vacation, we couln't book another vacation without the refund coming through first.
They did offer us $50 off for future travel. I won't be traveling with TNT in the future.
We are going to Punta Cana

May 1st, 2002, 12:36 PM
anon

Anytime we have had a problem with a vacation, it has been one our TA booked thru TNT.I told her not to bother booking thru them for us in the future.

May 5th, 2002, 04:37 PM
xxx

We have had at least 3 bad experiences out of perhaps 4 or 5 with TNT. The worst being stuck in St. Maarten for 36 hours with very little communication from TNT about the status of our departure (a long wait in the airport!) because of plane problems. They had to bring in the parts and the person to repair the plane. Lack of available planes to replace ours with. A petition was drawn up of which we signed along with many angry passengers. This experience was so frustrating, we ended up writing a letter to TNT and were given two free airline tickets on our next TNT vacation, which went fairly smoothly for us but not with other travelers we spoke with! At least twice did we have problems not knowing what flight we had and what time we were departing, until the day prior to departure. We also, have had our flight canceled at the last minute, but were placed on another flight on AA at their expense and didn't really lose any vacation days. Our TNT days are over. With all the reports I continue to hear, such as yours, I'm surprised they are still in business!

May 6th, 2002, 02:30 AM
Parrot Mom

TNT has had major problems from Boston in recent years. so much so that TA themselves have gone to the airport to see what is happenig with them. I do understand problems with planes and having to fly in either another plane or parts..one of our last trips through GWV was delayed 12 hours, but we were put up at a hotel and compensated well. In the 20 plus years we have traveled charter from Boston the one time we used TNT we were given a room in Aruba where I wouldn't even open my suitcase. On the other hand..GWV has always been responsive to problems and their reps are ALWAYS available at the airport and the hotel. Sorry you lost some of your vacation but I'm sure you enjoyed Punta Cana...I know we did.

May 6th, 2002, 02:37 AM
Parrot Mom

As an addendum, I do not work for GWV, but their reps are great and so aren't their trips..Had one problem a few years ago on one of their airlines..fortunately it was resolved and they are now out of business. When the catalogs come out in the Fall, I compare destinations and prices..I noticed recently that TNT wants to nickle and dime you by pre-seating and "special services"... I think not!!!

Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:19 AM
John

I wish I could go and change my original post. I was very disappointed with TNT in the begining, but I feel that they have now done everything in their power to make things right. First, they gave us $100 discount on our trip, and free express check in. In addition, they gave us $100 toward future travel and express check in on that. And, most importantly, in response to a letter I wrote to them, they wrote us a very nice letter of appology explaining the situation. Although the original flight change was a disappointment, TNT has gone to great lengths to fix the situation.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:38 AM
Linda

GWV is the answer. Our travel agent won't even consider TNT any more because of all of their problems.

We've booked through GWV many, many times and so far so good. We leave 06/22/02 through GWV for Turks & Caicos.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:10 AM
Mark

Our first vacation experience which was a few years ago, was with a TNT charter.
The vacation was perfect. The only hitch was upon arrival back in Portsmouth N.H., where TNT was flying out of, someone had not notified Customs of our impending arrival......
We waited in the plane for more than an hour for them to setup for us to deplane.
We have also used GWV once going to T&C.
There was no rep to be found when we arrived nor during the duration of the trip. We sat in on a Signature orientation.