A fairytale wedding anniversary

Old Feb 4th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A fairytale wedding anniversary

A trip to Villa Capri was a surprise for my wife on our 25th anniversary. To her amazement she was greeted at the villa by our adult children and their significant others. I think villa manager Kris Wagner took just as much pleasure plotting and scheming with me as I did. At times a mere suggestion on my part triggered Kris’ creativity and explosive energy. She went above and beyond of what an excellent manager would do to make sure that everything is just the way we liked it. She created a fairytale atmosphere around us yet letting us be ourselves in every sense.
Service and attention of the entire staff was simply outstanding. Variety and quality of meals made every dinner a celebration of senses. Grilled fish and local exotic fruits and vegetables deserve a special praise for they presented simplicity and refinement with a touch of Creole tradition.
Villa’s décor is all about open space, warm colors, noble woods and exotic shells arranged in ways to allow privacy and tranquility when so desired.
Dream vacation indeed…
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 05:09 AM

What a wonderful surprise! I can see the tears when your wife saw her children and guest's. You did not mention where Villa Capri is.
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 02:07 PM

Argus, you sound like a real prince among men for planning that for your wife. It's challenging but fun trying to pull of a large scale surprise like that, isn't it? I'd love to hear more about where Villa Capri is, in addition to more details about your vacation there.
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Original Poster

Sorry it took me a while to reply. Villa Capri is on the island of St. Lucia. Here's a link to their Web site: http://www.capristlucia.com/index.html
As for activities, we really enjoyed our hike to the summit of Gros Piton - one of the tallest and stunningly beautiful mountains on the island. Please note: the trail is very steep. We're experienced hikers, so we handled it just fine, but there were others, who seamed to be struggling. Pigeon Island Park is another beautiful place, and it's just a short drive from the villa. A nice beach, scenic rocks, an English fort and views of the island of Martinique are just a few highlights of this park.
At times we just stayed at the villa for it was so tranquil and fairy-tale like indeed.
Please let me know if you have more questions.
Thank you for your interest.
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 01:02 PM

Wow, Argus. You are a dream DH and the Villa Capri is gorgeous.