$5000 Budget - Where to stay on VG

Old Apr 15th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$5000 Budget - Where to stay on VG

Would like to island hop between St. John, VG and JVD. I've been to St. John so I know where I'm going to stay, but I need advice on VG. I have $5,000 to spend on my accomodations for 7-8 nights. Little Dix looks nice but is it worth the $500-$700 a night? Looking to spend $200-$500 a night for the two of us. I would entertain a private villa (i.e. vrbo) if anyone has a recommendation. I would like to be close (doesnt have to be within walking, prefer 5 min drive or less) to nice beaches and restaurants/town on VG. Should I do a day trip to JVD or stay a night or two? Is there a lot to do, a lot of beaches to explore? 3 nights in St. John, 3 in VG and 2 in JVD?
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 04:49 AM

With the high end of your budget budget, you could comfortably stay at one of the villas at Mahoe Bay, which is an ideal and beautiful location with reasonably good snorkeling right on site. We stayed at Adagio a few years ago and booked directly through the owner to get a better-than-advertised rate.

I'd avoid the NorthSound/Leverick Bay area because it's the farthest from town & restaurants.

Take a daytrip to Jost from St. John, but not from Virgin Gorda. It's faster from St. John. I'd say that a daytrip would do you nicely, and if you end up loving it, think about an overnight stay in the future, as you're already staying on two different islands for this vacation.

On Virgin Gorda, my favorite beach was Spring Bay, which has all of the atmosphere of The Baths but none of the crowds, and you don't have to pay to enjoy it. There are some private villas run by Guavaberry Spring Bay that might work well for y'all. Savannah Bay beach is also gorgeous, as is Devil's Bay.

I personally think splitting a trip 3/3/2 is spending a LOT of time traveling beween islands and not much time ON the island. See if you can spend 4 nights each on St. John and Virgin Gorda and daytrip to Jost from STJ.
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM

We stayed at a villa called Island Dream a few years ago, which we rented through VRBO or a similar site. Its a bit out of the ways, but was very comfortable and with your own private pool. But honestly, the beaches on VG are good at best and does not rival St. John.
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 03:21 AM

If you look at the site LuxuryLink.com many weeks Biras Creek Resort offersa week stay for $44-4600 for two with 3 meals. It has new ownership going back 5 years ago and they have made it quite a first class resort. Equall to Little Dix and Caneel except Caneel has nicer lansscaping and LDB has a largr beach, But the food is excellent based on folks I have spoken with sincece visited in 2009. The villa are quite nice compared to LDB because there is a porch though it is not Air Conditioned but the bedrooms are.
You bid for it and the best time to bid is in the last 2 minutes and just do not get carried away. We only paid $3800+/- for a $6000+ valued vacation.
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 05:02 AM

We stayed at Bellamare on Mahoe several years ago and loved it. Great location and fantastic views with a two min walk to the beach.