Search

2009 Bermuda Wedding

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Bermuda Wedding

My Fiance and I are planning our wedding for either August or September of 2009 in Bermuda! We are looking at Coco Reef, Pink Beach Club, and Elbow Beach. Has anyone had any experience with these locations? What about photographers? We are planning a small wedding...approx 40 - 50 people.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 09:18 AM

I looked at Coco Reef and Elbow Beach when planning my own wedding in Bermuda. I am getting married in May at Cafe Lido, a restaurant on Elbow Beach (but not affiliated with the hotel).

Both had really helpful and competent staff. You must see them yourself on a scouting trip before you make a decision. I think Coco Reef actually has the better location for a wedding ceremony - a gorgeous grassy area overlooking the water, but the interior decor of the resort was just awful in our opinion. Really loud and gaudy.

Elbow Beach has a huge terrace over the pool that is used for weddings...it is very nice, the only thing that made us nervous is that the rain plan was to move us inside to a really ugly conference room.

We did not look at Pink Beach Club, as I think they were too small for us (60-70 people) and required guests to stay there and it's very expensive.

Happy to give you more advice...just let me know.
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 06:56 PM

Just keep in mind that hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30. Most of the hurricanes occur during August, September, and October. So make sure you have a plan in place, just in case.

Best wishes in your planning.
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:00 AM

My husband and I went to a very nice wedding at Cambridge Beaches last March. It may be a little out of the way, but the facilities are very nice. Have you looked into this place too?
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 12:06 PM

We just got married this weekend here in Bermuda. Some of the info I have for you is from living here and visiting various locations, some of it is from my scouting for our own wedding.

Coco Reef- have to agree that it's a pretty outdoor location, but the property itself is looking a little worn and the decor is, well, kind of tacky. A co-worker of mine also worked there at the desk and even she crossed it off my list of possibilities.

Elbow Beach - gorgeous, the most upscale on your list, a few different locations outdoors - their standard rain back-up plan is a 'banquet room'. Very helpful coordinators, big, professional packet of info - they handle weddings well. And you will pay for it.

Pink Beach Club, never could get anyone from staff to email me info. Pretty location, but a bit isolated from almost everything else on the island. It was also way too expensive for what we had planned.

Agree w/ trivbeck - Cambridge is a nice property, it is also a little isolated. Especially if your guests are scattered at hotels around the island - transportation will be a factor.

We went with The Reefs - can't say enough good things about them. Staff was so helpful and professional, and took care of every little request we had. I only saw the propery once, we did the rest of the planning via email (and I live here!!!) They are doing some construction on one side of the hotel, but I believe they are scheduled to be done early summer 09. Please let me know if you want specifics on our plans.

I wouldn't worry so much about hurricane season here, but do be prepared for is usually very warm and humid weather that time of year.

Photographers - most hotels that organize weddings have a photographer that they contact for you - and I could get the names of ones my friends have used. (I haven't seen my photos yet, so I'll hold off telling you who did ours!)

You can get me at michelle at creativeit dot co dot uk, if you want to talk more details.
Hope that helped!!
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 01:22 PM

Best wishes on your wedding, txgirlinbda!
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 09:57 PM

Wish you all the best and happy moments in your life.