Reload this Page >

Bahama Wedding Advice! Please!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 10:42 PM
Karin

Hi - we will be getting married in the Bahamas on October 11, 2003. Can anyone give us advice about the best place to have our ceremony & our reception? Also, we are looking for a nice restaurant for a 20 person dinner after the wedding. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Karin

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:32 AM
x

Many people get married at the French Cloisters. It's outside and gorgeous.<BR>There are some great photos at the bottom of this page:<BR><BR>http://www.paradise-wedding.com/WeddingSites.htm<BR><BR>Nice restaurant for reception--maybe Graycliff or one of the ones at Ocean Club?

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 03:51 AM
rich

Try Compass Point - very picturesque, initimate surroundings and excellent food. Right on water with beautiful view of sunset, they also have a beautiful pier with a hut at the end. On one of our stays they we saw a wedding and the bride and groom choose the pier as their 'aisle' and exchanged vows in the 'hut'.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Robert

I second the vote for the Cloisters on the Ocean Club property. I visit that site every time I visit Paradise Island. The view down the hill to the ocean is breathtaking. I don't know the type of people or the atmosphere of the wedding you want, but I was doing a reef survey on Guana Cay off of Abaco and saw a wedding take place at the Dolphin Beach Resort there. It is a laid-back place. I believe they have a website. Have fun. Robert

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Jamie

My husband and I got married in the Bahamas in May. It was an amazing experience. We had our ceremony at Sandyport Beach, which was beautiful and secluded. There is a pretty little restaurant by Sandyport Beach which is connected by a small footbridge. We had our reception there. The food was fantastic and so was the service. It was called the Poop Deck Restaurant - silly name, but a great place. One word of advice, however: the people of the island, while very nice, are not as detail-oriented as we are in the states. My flowers were the wrong colors, the photographer didn't get all of the shots we had requested, etc. When you get married in the islands, you have to be able to go with the flow and enjoy it in spite of any small glitches. We had a gorgeous wedding, and I would do it the same way if I had it to do over.