Reload this Page >

Whistler to Victoria Travel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 05:31 AM
Susan

Part 2 of our trip is from Whistler to Van Isle. From the map, ferry service from Horseshoe Bay&gt;Nanaimo seems to make more sense than Tsawassen&gt;Swartz Bay, yes, no?<BR>AND we will be making the trip on Labor Day, 8/31 if that impacts a departure site. And from what I've read here, we will definitely make reservations for the ferry. <BR>Thanks for your input

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 10:29 AM
gary

If you want to avoid Vancouver absolutely the Horseshoe Bay - Nanaimo route is the one to take. And make your reservation sooner rather than later.

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 11:08 PM
April

Gary, I'm curious about your last statement. Is there a limit for the number of reservations and, if so, do you know what it is?

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 12:13 PM
gary

After the major screw ups this last August long weekend I believe I heard that BC Ferries was going to limit reservations to a smaller percent of the total capacity. But I could be wrong so I just added that last statement as a better safe than sorry thing.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 02:54 PM
April

It would be interesting to know. I had wondered if they would ever wind up with a ferry of nothing but reservation passengers.