Search

Whistler in Late October...Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2009, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whistler in Late October...Honeymoon

I need some help from all you experts.

My Fiance and I were gifted an RCI week long timeshare for our honeymoon. The wedding in Oct 23 and we'd like to do the honeymoon the following week. Originially, we were thinking Banff/Canmore, but our options for lodging there that week consist of Falcon Ridge (full size bed with all-day construction) or the Worlmark Canmore (not that bad, but nothing plush or honeymoon about it). So after I found this out, I looked into Whistler. Though the Rockies were the preference, there is an available unit at the Crystal Lodge in Whistler which looks pretty nice and has great reviews.

Now you know my situation, here is my question

I am thinking that both places in late October is akward and in between seasons. Probably already snow on the ground, so not too much hiking and no skiing. I need ideas. If anyone has insight on either location and accomodations, I would love it.

Thanks so much
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's possible the trails will still be snow free at Whistler, but the weather could be quite rainy. And there's really not anything to do in Whistler that isn't outdoorsy. I've stayed at Crystal Lodge--my parents do RCI, too. It is nice for a timeshare condo, but it's not so nice you should go to Whistler and potenially have nothing else to do but stay in the condo. Of the two, I'd choose the Rockies--I believe the weather is less likely to be rainy, and there is SO much to see. There are also things to do that aren't weather dependent in the Rockies--if the weather is too nasty to hike, you can visit a hot spring. Though I do understand wanting to stay someplace nice. Can you make the Rockies your summer/early fall vacation next year and choose an entirely different RCI desintation for this trip?