Where to stay in Niagara-on-the-Lake

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2009, 05:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're attending a wedding in mid June not far from Niagara-on-the-Lake and would like to attend the Shaw Festival as well. The nicer hotels close to the Festival are quite expensive (over $300 a night Canadian). Are they worth it? Are there better values? We don't want to stay at at B&B, and definitely prefer a king sized bed.
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 07:45 AM

there are some chain hotels in the area, I believe a Best Western just outside the village, I would start at the Niagara on the Lake or shawfestival websites and look for specials on accomodations... they offer room specials as well as ticket/room/dinner packages... also try your favorite chain hotels... remember that the closer they are to the Falls, the higher the price in-season....

PS.... many of the village properties are very worth the money!!
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 04:16 PM

Try here
http://tinyurl.com/cr62fw

or there's a comprehensive list of B&Bs here

http://www.bba.notl.on.ca/

There's lots to choose from

HTH
K
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 07:04 AM

I stayed at B&B in niagara and drove to niagara on the lake for the event. It was $75 us dollars a night including a FULL breakfast. Host and Hostess were awesome and pressed all of our clothes for free and were so helpful. Bedham Hall was clean, comfortable and very nice. The loop bus takes you to all the sights around the falls for $2. Check it out!
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 10:39 AM

Outside of those, as you note, "quite expensive" nice hotels and dozens of B&B's, there are not a lot of choices. There is a Best Western on the edge of town that I have not stayed in, but I don't believe it is bargain priced either. There is an Inn right downtown next door to the upscale Prince of Wales - the Moffat Inn - which has a variety of rooms and I have stayed here a couple of times. Some rooms are rather small, others are more like "suites", but the beds in both we stayed in were Queen although they were comfortable and location is excellent. We don't usually like B&B's either, but have stayed in several in Niagara-on-the-Lake again because of the limitations in other choices, and most of them are quite nice and comfortable and some are quite convenient to the main part of town and the theatres.
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 06:10 PM

Last summer friends stayed at The Grand Victorian. It is three kilometers from the centre of Niagara-on-the-Lake. It is a beautiful 19th century mansion and the room rates are slightly under $200.00 CAD. Our friends loved it! Here is their website:
http://www.grandvictorian.ca/