Niagara On the Lake Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for suggestions for hotels/motels/inns in Niagara on the Lake. We'll be there in September doing wine tasting. 3 Adults also favorite dinner spots in the area? Thanks
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 11:12 AM

We really like The Riverbend Inn, right on the Niagara Parkway next to Peller Estate Winery. It has a piano bar/lounge that's nice for relaxing after dinner, and their dining room is also very good.
http://www.riverbendinn.ca/

In Niagara on the Lake itself is Queen's Landing, the Oban Inn and a newly renovated Shaw Club Hotel that looks great with a new contemporary theme going on. It used to be the Park Hotel. The restaurant there is Zees and it gets great reviews.
http://www.shawclub.com/

The Prince of Wales is a gorgeous property for a special occasion but for a singles trip, probably not worthwhile.

Outside of Niagara closer to the QEW, but still near all the Twenty Valley wineries and in Jordan Village is Inn on the Twenty, a lovely property with gorgeous rooms. Cave Springs Winery and charming shops are part of this village too and well worth a stop.
http://www.cavespringcellars.com/

As well there are dozens of B&B's, many with very good reviews on tripadvisor if you wanted to have a look.

If you'd like to splurge on dinner, the dining rooms at the wineries have stellar reputations especially Peller, Hillebrand, Vineland and Inn on the Twenty. For more casual fare The Buttery and the Epicurean are good. The Stone Road Grille is quite unique, as well as being affordable. All boast local wines, which is as it should be in Niagara.

You will have a wonderful time I'm sure.
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 07:33 PM

Tobie is right on with his/her hotels...look at vintageinns.com with three properties , the Prince of Wales, Queens Landing, and Pillar and Post, I have stayed at all three and they are good properties...

For food, I would recommend Strewn winery, Hilldebrand, Peller, Oban around the village... or On The Twenty, and Vineland outside the Village...
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 11:05 PM

We just returnmed from NOTL two weeks ago. Stayed at the HarbourHouse which is across the street from the Queen's Landing and coudn't have been more pleased.

Pricey but we felt it was worth it, especially for the very personal service we received.

You might want to look on TripAdvisor before making any decisions.
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 08:06 AM

Pillar and Post is a nice property, but room quality varies. Some rooms are very nice, and others are extremely small ... I would definitely recommend getting one of the larger rooms. I was in a smaller room last year and could barely move around the room without bumping into something.

Old Jul 29th, 2006, 08:38 AM

garyt22~
<<his/her hotels...>>

Her. Thanks for mentioning Strewn-haven't been yet but will try that next time.
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 07:28 AM

thanks for clearing that up Ms. Tobie... it was hard to tell...
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 07:11 AM

I usually stay in B&Bs when I go (a couple times each year), but I saw this review in the paper last week:

The Shaw Club is located on the busy corner of Picton and Wellington Streets, right across from the Shaw Festival Theatre. What guests lose in privacy and serenity -- hallmarks of Harbour House -- they gain in accessibility and people-watching. But once the massive ash front doors close behind you, the Asian-themed lobby, complete with tropical fish tank, offers respite from the buzzing sidewalks outside.

Standard-issue room amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access; 42-inch plasma-screen TVs with DVD players; iPod stations; "pillow libraries" for choosy snoozers; plush bathrobes; and last but not least, a pet goldfish (upon request).

Weekend prices range from $150 (for an unrenovated "Annex Standard&quot to $450 for a fully-loaded "Suite with Balcony."
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your suggestions! You've given me lots of options.
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:46 AM

I just stayed at the Pillar and the Post a few weekends ago. I loved the rustic feel the place had, and the service was great.

Their potato pizza and caramalized banana french toast (the bread was actually banana bread) was unbeleivable as well.
Old Aug 12th, 2006, 08:54 AM

I was very pleased with the way the Riverbend Winery handled a situation when we ate dinner there. They were very gracious and took care of things to my satisfaction. I would highly recommend them.