weather toronto July

Search

weather toronto July

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
weather toronto July

Never been to Toronto and will be there beginning of July. what will the weather be like?I know the temperatures are high 70s during day and 50s at night. Looking for recommendations for what to pack...coming from the blistering heat of the South and will be attending the race. Thanks for any recommendations!
Old Jun 25th, 2009, 07:35 AM

well, sounds like you will be acclimated to our temps then! right now, things are super hot and MUGGY. not sure which part of the 'south' you're referring to; if you're not used to humidity, then you may be in for a bit of an experience. the temperatures are one thing, but the mugginess brings everything to a whole new level.

however, the weather for next week looks quite pleasant ... mid 20's (that's celsius) and fairly sunny.

check out weathernetwork.com (for a more accurate/canadian picture)
Old Jun 25th, 2009, 07:59 AM

Yes, the last few days have been more like the 30s, not the 20s, and with the humidity it's been gloriously hot (after all the cold weather, I'm not complaining!) But it's supposed to cool down on Sunday, drat.
Old Jun 25th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Wow that is hotter than I expected!!I am in Southern Louisiana and am VERY used to high (like 100%) humidity! We are experiencing record breaking heat right now...was hoping for a break from the heat!!How cool does it get at night? Do you need to have a light sweater available at night?
Old Jun 25th, 2009, 08:27 AM

Not lately. It's been cool right through. Hot humid weather is pretty typical for us in the summer. It's been late coming this year.
Old Jun 25th, 2009, 12:47 PM

I just realized that I said it's been 'cool right through' - what I meant was 'hot and humid right thorugh the night'. Duh...
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 03:22 AM

What race? Car?

Hopefully, the current strike by some city workers will be over by the time you get here. If you want to cool off with a swim, city pools are free: http://www.toronto.ca/parks/recreati...ming/index.htm
There's one on the lakefront at Sunnyside and High Park has one, too.
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

The Honda Indy car race. Have some nice dinners planned and was trying to figure what to wear at night in case it got cool.But it doesnt sound like it will be cool(BOO HOO)Cant take this heat and humidity down here anymore!! Thanks for all of the advice!