Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Warning! Ontario All Inclusive Couples Resorts

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:26 PM
clevergrrl

Here's a warning and a recommendation to anyone interested in staying at an all-inclusive couples resort in nothern Ontario.. Go to the Bear Trails Couples Resort and don't go to the Westwind Inn unless you want poor service and to be insulted by management when you complain. Really!?! I won't go into the details, except for very poor service and treatment.<BR><BR>I have had one of the worst travel experiences of my life at the Westwind Inn in Buckhorn, Ontario, and I'm astounded at the different level of professionalism and service provided at these two, supposedly equal resorts. <BR><BR>If you are looking for a wonderful, careful romantic getaway with your partner, check out the Bear Trails Couples Resort in Algonquin, Ontario. Finest dining, lots of activities to enjoy, friendly and courtesy staff ready to assist you. A little bit more expensive but absolutely worth the money. <BR><BR>Any questions? Send me an email. I'd be happy to elaborate, I just had to get this off my chest! ;o) <BR><BR>Cheers!

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:15 AM
Kelly

Hi! Sorry you wasted so much money. Check out my posting on Ste. Anne's Inn to read my experience. It is amazing that people can have such different experiences at the same place. Some people probably go to Westwind every year and love it. So what happened????<BR>For the record, my father and his wife just returned from Bear Trail Inn and loved it. I would love to go there myself. Which kind of room did you stay in? Was it worth it? Take care.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:04 AM
Susan

It's been a few years but I've stayed at both St. Anne's and Westwind and really enjoyed both. It's too bad you had a bad experience.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:21 AM
sue

i didn't even realize there were a/i's in Canada!!??

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 05:01 PM
clevergrrl

Thanks for letting me know about your post Kelly. I've been told over and over again that "EVERYONE ELSE" has a wonderful time at that Westwind, unfortunately we didn't. Consequently some may assume we are overly picky or demanding guests - which we are not for the record. I've heard wonderful things about Ste. Anne's also. I suppose sometimes it can just be hit or miss with these places without first-hand referrals. I'm quite confident you will have a great time at the Bear Trails Couple Resort and I'm sorry to hear that your poor experience happened on your honeymoon! Time to go on a second honeymoon??? ;o)<BR>Cheers!