Victoria Restaurants

Old Nov 11th, 2003, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Victoria Restaurants

Anyone have a memorable meal in Victoria?
Will be traveling there next summer and looking for some great places to dine.
Thanks!
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 05:09 AM

Try Blighty's Bistro on Oak Bay Avenue, but you will need a reservation. Their lamb chops are the best anywhere, but then so is the salmon, pork roast, basically I've never had anything bad there.
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 10:23 AM

Camille's in Bastion Square, (downtown). Check out the raves and rants on the Victoria page above. I've only eaten there twice but both times it was far and away the best meal of my stay.

cxhe
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 01:28 PM

If you have a rental car, drive 30-45 minutes to the coastal town of Sooke and dine at the Sooke Harbor House. It is highly acclaimed worldwide and has scrumptious, innovative food and a fabulous view.
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 02:34 PM

Il Terrazzo for classical Italian, Zambri's for anything-but-classical Italian (particularly on a Saturday night if Peter Zambri is still doing his unannounced five-course dinner), and Brasserie l'Ecole for eclectic. The veal shank and risotto at Il Terrazzo was among the best I've had. And in Victoria?! I lived in Toronto for thirty years, probably hit the majority of hundreds of Italian restaurants and never had any better.

You just have to hope that these places maintain their standards until you get there.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 05:34 PM

GailLK

In you like steak, try Hunter's Steakhouse & Lounge on Yates St. In Victoria you must go to Barb's Place Fish & Chips on Fisherman's Wharf.

jet29
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 08:13 PM

We were there last summer and really enjoyed the Herald Street Cafe. Its been there for years. Its trendy Bistro Type place with very inventive and tasty dishes.
Pagliaccis (sp?) is also very good-right downtown-go early as they dont take reservations and it gets busy.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 08:27 PM

We go to Victoria a lot. We usually go to Suze which is a casual groovy little spot. But this time, on Suze's recommendation, we tried Bravo restaurant on Wharf Street, and we were pleasantly surprised. Very accommodating to my small girls. The menu was extremely diverse. We had a hard time deciding what to order. I will definitely go back. They also do brunch weekends and lunch.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 04:50 AM

Rebar Modern Food in Bastion Square. Great food - although you'll have to wait in line for a while if you get there at the usual lunch or dinner hour.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 06:53 PM

I can second the recommendation for Il Terrazzo - fabulous Italian. We've also eaten at Cafe Brio and the food/atmosphere was memorable. They have a website - think fresh market cuisine.
For a great breakfast try Willie's on Johnson near Il Terrazzo - we always go for their Egg Bennie's and wonderful muffins.
For good Greek fare in a casual setting (cafeteria style) try Eugene's on Broad Street - great place to have lunch.