Restaurant Poll: Best in Victoria

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Johnny Boy

Restaurant Poll: Best in Victoria

Fodorites favorite activity: giving their opinions!

What is the best restaurant in Victoria? Define "best" however you wish. The more subjective the better. I don't have one just yet but will by end of October.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 12:14 PM
gary

In my opinion nothing in Victoria matches the meals we've had at Camille's on Bastion Square. The front of the house is entirely run by a husband and wife team who manage a full house of up to 50 or 60 people as if you were just about the only ones there. Everything we've had there - especially the duck and ostrich have been top notch. Victoria isn't noted for it's world class restaurants but Camille's is close.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 08:56 AM
Paula

Il Terrazzo is a very nice Italian place. Not really inventive but very consistent.

Barb's is pretty hard to beat for what it is - Fish & Chips with no frills.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 07:23 PM
Al

seconds for Il Terrazo, and Herald Street Cafe for pasta

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 11:21 PM
leigh

I found Herald Street Cafe to be very disappointing . . . kind of 1990's food - Alstatian cabbage and big unremarkable pieces of fish, meat, etc. Our absolute favourite is Suze. Great service, great food, great prices and great atmosphere. Have fun!

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 03:13 AM
jabez

Cafe Brio. We just ate there and it was great.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:32 AM
Tiki

Pagliacci's is lots of fun. The food is good and the atmosphere is very enjoyable.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Lisa

I 2nd Barb's for fish-n-chips. For sit-down dining, we really liked Milestone's. It gets a lot of tourists, but the food has been consistently good (try the brunch!), and it's relatively inexpensive. For good pub grub, I recommend the Sticky Wicket. For more expensive but excellent dining (including pub food), Spinnaker's is worth a visit, and you can go for a long walk along the harbour afterwards.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 01:27 PM
BillyBob

Chandlers.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Michele

We had a bad experience at the Sticky Wicket ... slow and careless service, a tiny piece of fish hidden in a mass of greasy batter. Spinnakers is a favorite of ours ... especially for breakfast, lunch and appetizers. Laurel Point Inn puts on a fabulous breakfast buffet with enough varieties of fresh fruit to exceed the cost (12.95, I think) ... Le Petit Saigon for Vietnamese food ... Il Terazzo was wonderful for a birthday celebration; the service was exceptionally friendly and professional.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Kathy

Cafe Brio was our favorite restaurant followed by the Blue Crab Bar and Grill. We also enjoyed the food at Spinnakers very much.