Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Vancouver weather in late Sept. early Oct.

Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:59 AM
Romy

Just thought I'd clarify as I narrow down my search. Thanks.
Romy

Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:52 PM

Understanding of course that weather in Vancouver is fairly undependable at the best of times and specially in the change of seasons periods - in general the weather in late September and early October is pleasant. The mornings tend to get fairly crisp by late September and it doesn't usually get to be 'shirtsleeve' weather till well after noon but the trees are still summertime green and the flowers are still in full bloom so it is beautiful weather for walking and taking in Vancouver's natural glories.

Vancouver's rainy season usually starts mid to late October but it has started as early as Labour day and so you can never rule it out.
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:06 PM
Romy

Thanks again Gary!

Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:23 PM
dar

Yes, Gary is right it can be quite nice in Late Sept...but may rain alot also. Very unpredictable. If you go inland, it is a lot dryer (Kelowna etc.)
Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:08 PM

Don't let them scare you away from Vancouver! I will be there mid September and can't wait!! I'll be sure to pack a nice umbrella - I don't care. There is so much to see and do in Vancouver I probably won't even have time to notice the weather.

Remember this: Vancouver is a rain forest. It rains-we know that already. But if it was such a problem, they wouldn't get as many tourists as they do (all year long) and the locals wouldn't be telling you how nice it was there!

Go and Enjoy - I will!!
Jun 4th, 2003, 02:41 AM

September is traditionally the most reliable month for sunny, dry, warm weather. September is not a part of Vancouver's rainy season.
Jun 4th, 2003, 07:23 AM
Romy

Thanks Carmanah, good to know, needing some coastline here in landlocked Colorado!

Romy

Jun 4th, 2003, 11:15 AM
dar

Didn't mean to scare you, I've lived in Van for 43 years.- it is beautiful. Just don't be surprised if it rains, don't let it stop you and love the sunshine when you get it! It is fabulous today - 28 degrees Celcuis...