Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Vancouver, Victoria, and Canadian Rockies

Mar 28th, 2019, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

14 years ago we traveled to the Canadian Rockies. I recently found some of my trip notes, so I'm reminiscing and I'm including a brief report here. I don't remember all the details, but I do remember it was so scenic. It's probably the most beautiful place I've been to. I would like to go again one day.

We did a 5 day trip. We flew into Vancouver and did a city tour- Gastown, Chinatown, Stanley Park- we saw the totem poles there, Granville, Capilano suspension bridge, Queen Elizabeth Park. Next day we went to Victoria, I think by ferry. We went to Butchart Gardens which was beautiful, went on a city tour. Then we flew to Calgary. The next day we drove to Banff National Park. We went on the columbia icefields snow coach excursion which was this huge truck with huge wheels that went directly on the ice- I think it was a glacier? We went to Lake Louise- which is beyond gorgeous, and another Lake-either Moraine or Maligne that was also beautiful. The turquoise water is beyond gorgeous. One of the days we drove to Jasper- to the National Park, but can't remember the timing or order we did this. Then we drove back to Calgary- went to Olympic Park, took a tour. Then flew home.

I forgot a lot of this trip, but can't forget how scenic the Canadian Rockies are.