7 days vancouver, banff, victoria????

Jun 11th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Original Poster

7 days vancouver, banff, victoria????

Hi, we are coming over during the first week in October and would like to see the best possible in our short time.We have never been to Canada before and would like to see Banff or Jasper as well as some of Victoria and Vancouver. Are there any suggestions on what would be the best to do? I know it is a short time but that is all we have for this trip. I have heard it is an awesome place to visit. There are four adults in our group.
Thanks for your suggestions!!!
Jun 11th, 2009, 04:35 AM

With only 7 days, I think I'd spend 4 in Banff and 3 in Vancouver.

With the 4 days in Banff, spend part of a day at Lake Louise. Spend another day driving the Icefields Parkway (toward Jasper) stopping at the Columbia Icefields (possibly take the ice buggy tour). The Icefields Parkway is one of the most scenic drives anywhere with lots of opportunities to see wildlife. We usually like to take a picnic lunch as there are plenty of beautiful places to stop along the way (weather permitting). Then return to Banff. It will be a long day, but very much worth it.

In Vancouver, spend some time in Stanley Park. You could spend a day taking the ferry over to Victoria and enjoy lunch at the Empress Hotel. If time allows, maybe take in Burchart Gardens (although I don't know what it will be like in Oct).

Pretty busy, but think it's doable to maximize the time you've got.

And yes, the Canadian Rockies are indeed spectacular.
Jun 11th, 2009, 04:49 AM

Where are you flying in and out of? I suggest you fly into either Vancouver or Calgary and then fly out of the opposite city. Yes in seven days you "see" all of these spots in seven days but you won't have time to enjoy them. I suggest you pick either Vancouver/Victoria or Calgary/Banff/Jasper instead of trying to do everything.
Jun 11th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for all your input. It is really helpful. We are driving up from Seattle initially so could go either way to start the trip. Am really looking forward to it..
Jun 11th, 2009, 06:44 PM

Were you planning on driving from Vancvouver/Victoria to Banff/Jasper? Even if you aren't driving I would second Cruiseryyc and say pick one area. Both areas (and the places in between them) have so much that 7 days is just a taste of either. If you are driving, definitely stay in the Vancouver/Victoria area.