Vancouver restaraunt??

Oct 25th, 2002, 04:22 PM
mary

Vancouver restaraunt??

We will be in Vancouver for the weekend and will be meeting our daughter's boyfriend for the first time (she attends UW/Seattle and we are from IL). Any suggestions for a nice restaraunt where we can visit easily and not be rushed? We love fresh seafood, but it would be nice to have some other choices also. We are attending a conference and they suggested: Kettle of Fish, Chin Chin, or Bacchus (at the Wedgewood Hotel). We are staying at Westin Bayshore (meeting is there). Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you, Mary

Oct 25th, 2002, 04:37 PM
Paula

I love "The Fish House in Stanley Park".

www.fishhousestanleypark.com

Oct 25th, 2002, 05:47 PM
April

Carderos has a great location on the water and it's not far from the Bayshore.

Oct 25th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Another suggestion: Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House, 777 Thurlow Street. Great food and a wonderful ambiance -- I think you'd really enjoy it. You can check it out a bit at:

www.joefortes.ca

Happy Contrails!

Oct 25th, 2002, 09:41 PM
Robyn

The Fish House, Carderos and Joe Forte's are all excellent suggestions. Another suggestion is Monk McQueen's, located on False Creek.

Have you looked at the Vancouver Magazine restaurant review site? They give a fairly accurate one-paragraph review of dozens of Vancouver's restaurants.

Oct 25th, 2002, 09:44 PM
Robyn

One more thing - thinking back on it now, while Cardero's is a wonderful scenic place to enjoy dinner or lunch, it's incredibly busy... not exactly tranquil, but still enjoyable. Joe Forte's also has a bit of a busy vibe to it. Cardero's would be a 2 second walk from the Westin Bayshore, but for a relaxing dinner without having to feel rushed, I'd probably go to the Fish House. You lose all sense of time there!

Oct 26th, 2002, 11:07 AM
April

You sold me, Robyn.

Oct 26th, 2002, 03:37 PM
mary

Thanks Robin, I am sold too! Mary

Oct 28th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Ariel

Robyn - do you have the link for the Vancouver Magazine restaurant review site? I am going to Vancouver in a couple of weeks for work and to visit friends - thanks!

Also - how expsensive is the Fish House? For say 2 people?

Oct 28th, 2002, 06:37 AM
Paula

Ariel, "The Fish House" website is a great source of menu and pricing info.

www.fishhousestanleypark.com

Oct 28th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Susan

Vancouver restaurants were featured in the New York Times travel section yesterday. I don't have the website, but you could do a search on the NY Times and pull it up.

Oct 28th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Don

Here's that New York Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/10/27/travel/27TAB.html

Oct 30th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Coco

Hi Mary,
My first suggestion would be "The Fish House" in Stanley Park. Beautiful surroundings, nice ambiance and don't think you would be rushed here.
Cin Cin is also very "in"...may be a bit noisy and crowded to be relaxed for this occasion, but a fun place, good food. "Bacchus" is a dark, smaller-type dining room, but very upscale. Another place I would suggest is "Diva at the Met" in the Metropolitan Hotel, downtown.
Bon Appetit.....Coco

Nov 4th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Janet

The Liliget Feast House on Davies is a lovely, though tiny restaurant. They serve West Coast Native fare, a lovely experience and great food at fairly reasonable prices. While not cheap they offer not just a meal but a unique experience. The service is excellant, I make a point of visiting them whenever I get to the Vancouver area. Good luck
Janet