Reload this Page >

Montreal Museums?

Search

Montreal Museums?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:00 AM
Kate

Montreal Museums?

Does anyone have advice for museums to visit in Montreal? Advice on unusual out-of-the-way museums would be appreciated as well as what larger museums are recommended. Thanks in advance!

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 01:10 PM
Helpful

At the top of the screen, click on Destinations, then Montreal.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Louis

Here's an unusual &amp; out-of-the-way museum:<BR><BR>Berliner Musueum of Radio and Sound Recording:<BR><BR>http://osiris.teccart.qc.ca/berliner/<BR><BR>Located on rue Lacasse in St-Henri.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 08:42 AM
zootsi

I love Montreal, but I've never considered it a mecca for lots of museums. The Museum of Fine Arts on Sherbrooke and Crescent is a world class art museum, on par with any large city art museum. An interesting place is the Redfern museum on the McGill campus. It's a very old natural history museum with a victorian feel to it. Place des Artes has a very avant garde modern art museum in it. There are several old mansions and historical buildings throughout the city that can be toured.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 01:12 PM
JD

I love visiting MOntreal, and definitely consider museums on my must-do list. I escpecially like the Musee des Beaux arts , but also places like the Canadian Center for Architecture which has world class exhibitsa,d the Mccord Museum for its Canadiana (and I'm not Canadian ) I've never had a chance to look through, but am intrigued by, the &quot;economusee&quot; concept, where small craftman/ stores/studios which also have a section that explains the history of the art/craft are open to the public. Look at http://www.economusees.com/index_an.html<BR>for details in English