Reload this Page >

Trendy Accomodations in Vancouver

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Danielle

Looking for the best area and/or hotel to stay while visiting Vancouver in late February. Looking for something that is hip; Where to stay to see or be seen? I am from San Francisco and would love for someone to point me in the right direction. Can anyone help me out?

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Wayne

Opus Hotel at http://www.opushotel.com in Yaletown. Very hip, trendy and...fun. Do a search on Opus and find more of my comments.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Pat

Another idea might be the Granville Island Hotel - laid back, west coast style boutique hotel on Granville Island with water taxis to get downtown quickly. Lots of restaurants, live theatre, shops and close to everything downtown or in trendy Kitsilano area.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 10:42 AM
jennifer

I've stayed twice at the Pacific Palisades on trendy, shop-lined Robson St. In the heart of the shopping district and walking distance to the harbor. It's citrus colors and hip restaurant, ZEN, make it a fun place to stay. You can sit outside in ZEN on the patio and have a blast people watching. Workout facility and indoor, heated pool. The Granville Island Hotel also looked neat when I stepped in the lobby and the island is really a thriving place, too, with a great public market, galleries, etc. I'd rather stay in the downtown area, though, so my suggestion is to go with Pacific Palisades. Great service there, too.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 10:54 AM
tbone

I agree with Jennifer. Palisades is within walking to Gastown and Stanley Park. Haven't stayed at this hotel but the area is definitely trendy.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Robyn

The Opus Hotel is THE trendy hotel right now, located in the very trendy Yaletown. The difference between the Robson area and Yaletown is that Robson caters specifically to tourists, while Yaletown doesn't.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 06:16 PM
jop

A couple of other good choices for hotels are the Sutton Place and the Wedgewood. Both have that more intimate boutique hotel atmosphere with very good accomodations and cuisine and very centrally located in the downtown core. A lot of visiting celebrities can be seen at the Sutton Place.

Old May 30th, 2003, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Wayne that the new Opus hotel is trendy and hip. The Sutton place is still a definite place to see and be seen. I worked in their health club for a while, and the place is crawling with celebrities. The hotel has some rooms with kitchenettes so when actors come to shoot movies they get the convenience of a hotel but with the benefits of having their own apt. Even if you don't stay there, you must go to the Gerard lounge there for a very pricey drink just to celeb-watch. Lots 'o' fun. Hang out in the health club as well if you want to see celebs.
Barb
Old May 31st, 2003, 04:41 PM

I just purchased the Fodor's Vancouver 2003 ... Listel Hotel is one of only a few that are "stared" (editor's choice)

I am surprised no one has mentioned it.
Old May 31st, 2003, 04:43 PM

I just realized that the author of this thread, Danielle, is back from her trip by now! She was going in February ... I wonder where she ended up!!