Vancouver the Bayshore or Sutton Place?

Feb 26th, 2005, 07:02 AM
ss
Original Poster

Vancouver the Bayshore or Sutton Place?

We'll be travelling to Vancouver early June for 1 night and can't decide on which hotel, the Westin Bayshore or the Sutton Place? From the web site, Sutton's rooms look larger. We'll have 2 teens with us and 2 days to run around and tour Vancouver before our cruise. We don't care about being near the port. We will book 2 rooms.
If anyone has info, please share.
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:40 AM

The Sutton Place is a five diamond Hotel really well located for shopping and exploring downtown Vancouver. It almost has a botique hotel feeling though it's too big to be called that.

The Westin Bayshore (four Diamonds)is virtually a resort hotel on the edge of Downtown Vancouver and located right on the harbour and next to Stanley Park. It's also just on the edge of the West End which is a densely populated frenetic residential area with loads of great restaurants and 'market' shopping. If you're looking for a real 'Vancouver' experiance the Bayshore is a better choice and there is a free shuttle that takes you the two Kilom. or so to the shopping district. Frankly with only two days you should choose the Bayshore.

The Sutton is a classier hotel but most teenagers would likely feel that it's stodgy while they're sure to find the Bayshore and it's location really exciting.

Ask for a Harbour view room even if you don't care about the port. Vancouver's harbour is a hive of activity with planes, yachts, freightors, liners and helicopters in a gorgeous setting.
Feb 26th, 2005, 03:34 PM
BAK

Anothjer vote for the Bayshore, especialy because of the kids.
BAK
Feb 26th, 2005, 04:23 PM

Yet another vote for the Bayshore.
Feb 28th, 2005, 10:52 PM

Yes, love the Bayshore. Ask for an upgrade to the tower and for a corner room - gives you more space. Denman Street is where the hip/funky restaurants and stores are - within walking distance of the Bayshore. I love this hotel. Enjoy the hotel and the cruise.

Mac123
Mar 1st, 2005, 09:04 AM

If I were staying in Vacouver I would also choose the Bayshore because the harbor area and Stanley Park are so beautiful. However, with two teens, Sutton Place offers more to do right outside the hotel. The Virgin Megastore is nearby, as are the trendy shops and restaurants along Robson street. The Pacific Mall is just a few blocks away as is the megaplex for movies. While these places are not that far from the Bayshore, you will need to take the shuttle or taxi back and forth, whereas at Sutton Place you can walk in and out. So that would be something to consider. You can't go wrong with either choice as they are very nice properties.
Mar 1st, 2005, 04:29 PM
ss
Original Poster

Great wealth of information - thanks all. I have booked the Westin Bayshore, I feel we got great rates and have booked harbor views - looks beautiful.
Many thanks!