Toronto to Las Vagas

May 11th, 2002, 11:08 PM
Aussie

Toronto to Las Vagas

I will be travelling to Toronto in Nov, from Australia, from there I wish to go to Las Vagas. How long will it take to drive & how are the roads. Or would I be best to fly & if so would I get there direct & approx. how much would it cost in Canadian $ as these are very close to our Aussie $.
Are there any must see things on the way.
Thankyou

May 11th, 2002, 11:35 PM
Doug

The drive from Toronto to Las vegas is aprox. 2000 miles! There is lots to see. Imagine driving from Sydney to Perth with an international border crossing on the way. Flying is probably best.

May 12th, 2002, 11:42 PM
Aussie

Thankyou Doug, I had no idea of the distance. 2000. mls. is way to many to drive. A flight will be what is required

May 13th, 2002, 04:32 AM
gail

And in some of the northern-most states through which you would travel it could snow by the end of November. Fly.

May 13th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Sherry

Fly for sure! Airfares can vary greatly, but just so you know, Toronto-Las Vegas is a charter route as well, meaning there are cheap flights departing Thursday returning Sunday or departing Sunday returning Thursday. These can vary from 249-499. If you book in advance you can also get regular airfares, good for travel on whichever days you choose and for as long as you like, usually run around 400. As for direct flights, the charters are all direct, the others may involve a stop. The flight is about 3 hours or so if I remember correctly, but you are travelling back a few times zones, they are 2-3 hours behind Toronto time.

May 13th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Scott

If the fares you're getting from Toronto to Vegas are too high, you might want to check out the fares from Buffalo to Vegas just for comparison's sake. Southwest Airlines flies out of Buffalo and they always lower the fares out of any cities they fly from. They also fly non-stop from Buffalo to Las Vegas, and frequently offer airfares of $198 (US) round-trip anywhere they fly.

If there's not much of a difference then I wouldn't bother with BUF and would just fly out of Toronto, but you never know -- sometimes you can save a significant amount of money by using Buffalo as an alternative.