Toronto To Las Vegas, best rates?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to book an air-only flight to Las Vegas sometime in May or June, but I am finding that lately the prices seem to be changing a few times a day when I check the main online sites (westjet.com, exit.ca, flightcentre.ca, selloffvacations.com, etc..)

The lowest air only flight (with tax) seems to around $410. With the highest between $800-$900.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look or call for the best rates? or even what time of day is best to book? I don't recall Vegas prices fluctuating as much as they have been these last couple months.

Any ideas or thoughts would be great!
Old May 6th, 2006, 06:14 AM

Have you thought about flying out of Buffalo? I do this often now and find it much cheaper. There is great secure parking at Buffalo Airport and it isn't nearly as hectic as Pearson...and not as expensive to park.
Also the taxes on the flights are not nearly as much.

I usually go onto www.expedia.com and www.travelocity.com . When I see the best prices there, I go to the actual airlines own site to make sure it's the same . It can be cheaper sometimes.

I don't find using Canadian sites like selloffvacations.com to be the cheapest, because they are usually dealing more with the charter airlines ( eg Air Transat).
The sites I mentioned are checking all the regular airlines and there are so many in the States, there is more competition.

Even if you want to fly out of Toronto for sure, still go the the sites I mentioned rather than the ones dealing with charter airlines.

Good luck.
Old May 6th, 2006, 07:11 AM

Try Funjet.com out of Buffalo.... they are a huge tour company that offers packages and air only charters... especially if you are flexible, they have extra seats on the charters that they sell off very cheap... in the past, we got $250 round-trip (US)... good luck.... you can also pair that with a pre or post night stay at the Sleep Inn which includes parking...
Old May 6th, 2006, 09:29 AM

Gary, I didn't know about funjet. It looks like a good site. Have you used them alot? Do you think it's worth getting their emails for deals? Better than or as good as last minute deals we get to sun spots?
Thanks for the info.
Old May 6th, 2006, 01:07 PM

I used them a lot during my old days as a Vegas Junkie.... don't do that much anymore... kids in college is my new gambling... they used to be Santo Tours and they were always very reliable...
Old May 6th, 2006, 02:09 PM

Thanks Gary, I'll keep an eye on their site. It's alwasy good to get a deal. With our dollar doing so well, it's even better..