Reload this Page >

Need help with Gulf Islands asap!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Mj

Planning a trip to some of the San Juans & Gulf Islands. Have been to Salt Spring & Mayne briefly before. We'll have 2-3 nights on Salt Spring & would like to add one more Gulf island. <BR><BR>Any one out there who can recommend Galiano vs. Pender vs. Saturna? All look enticing. We're just a couple - no kids, if that factors in at all. Going for our 9th Wedding Anniversary.<BR><BR>Any one stayed at any lodging on Galiano - Bellhouse Inn, Woodstone, Galiano Inn which I can't find in any books, but which is on the Net? It looks sort of new. Bellhouse seems nice, but is unfortunately booked on our likely dates.<BR><BR>Pender...has anyone stayed at a place they enjoyed there? Unfortunately, we can only select one island as we only have 1-2 nights left on our trip. <BR><BR>Please help asap, as our trip is less than 2 weeks away! If you can offer advice on kayaking, hiking, etc. on any of these isles that would be wonderful, too. Thanks so much.

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:21 PM
ikate

Sorry, I can't help you on the lodging on islands other than SSI, but I can tell you to use sea otter kayaking <BR>(http://www.saltspring.com/kayaking/) on SSI. I've used them and a couple of others but they are the best!! I reccomend a sunset paddle...it will be the best part of the trip - take a camera!

Old May 9th, 2002, 05:29 PM
April

I can't help either except to say that I liked Galiano better than the Penders, but I can't say why. It was so long ago that I was on Galiano but I did enjoy my stay there, wherever it was. I don't think there's that much to do on either island. I've never been to Saturna.<BR><BR>On Salt Spring, be sure to go up Mt. Maxwell.

Old May 13th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Mj

Thanks to both of you for your feedback! <BR><BR>Have decided to try Galiano. Can only get one night at the Bellhouse & can get one or two at the Galiano Inn, so may switch. But, for such a short stay, may just go w/the Galiano Inn. <BR><BR>Thanks for the idea about kayaking while visiting Salt Spring! We've only done it while staying on Orcas Island. Definitely would like to try from another location & was kind of wondering whether Salt Spring or Galiano would be best for that. (However, since our time is esp. limited on Galiano & we've never been there before, Salt Spring is the more logical place to try it.) <BR><BR>We'll definitely look into your recommended company then, & hopefully will have nice enough weather to do that this time. (Have heard it's been a very late Spring this year in the Islands.) In the past, we've been very lucky w/weather in the San Juans & Gulf Islands in May. <BR><BR>Thanks again! <BR><BR>

Old May 13th, 2002, 07:48 PM
April

Yeah, better bring a sweater or two.

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:00 PM
Jayne

Boy - this place looks good! - Anyone been there?<BR><BR>http://www.boldbluff.com/salty.htm