Toronto In Late September

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be staying in Toronto at the Cambridge Suites for 3 nites during the last week in September. Would appreciate advice on dining, museums, and other sightseeing venues. Is the subway system easy to navigate? What type of weather should we expect?

Finally, how long(timewise)is the drive from Toronto to our next stop - Niagra on the Lakes.

Many Thanks,

John
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 01:42 PM

The Royal Ontario Museum is worth a visit. http://www.rom.on.ca/ The Art Gallery of Ontario has an Andy Warhol exhibition on that might be of interest. www.ago.net Both are undergoing major renovations at the moment so keep that in mind.

The subway is easy. Don't overlook the streetcars and busses. The system is well integrated and one fare covers your entire journey. A good way to experience Toronto's neighbourhoods is to do a long ride on one of the streetcars. Queen or College would be good choices. www.ttc.ca

I will guess that Niagara is about 1.5 hours from Toronto in good traffic. It will take longer leaving in PM rush obviously.

Late September is probably the nicest time of year for weather in Toronto being not too hot and not too cold...just right.
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 07:11 PM

Johnoge, we do the drive from downtown Toronto to Niagara-on-the-lake every weekend. It doesn't take more than an hour and a half if you avoid rush hour but that can start as early as 2:00 so try to leave town by noon.

You might also enjoy the Bata Shoe Musem, the CN Tower, a walk throught the St. Lawrence Market or a Ferry ride to Centre Island for a great view of the skyline. The Ontario Science Centre is good too but out of the downtown core.

Old Jul 14th, 2006, 11:50 AM

If you would like a nice place to eat I would try 360. It is in the CN Tower. It is a revolving restaurant. But I wouldn't go there if you are scared of heights.
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 08:06 AM

Will you have your own car?

I just had a thought that taking the Via or Go Train west to (Burlington?) might be a nice idea, and rent your car from there. Many newcomers to Toronto find the 6-8 (?) lane highway intimidating.

A train can be very relaxing and sight seeing.