Search

Toronto Airport advice please?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toronto Airport advice please?

Hello!!

I am leaving through GTAA on Tuesday next week...we are tryign to figure out the best least painful plan with an 11 month old. We originally thought Park N Fly but the idea of takign our 11 month old at 430am and parkign then waiting for the shuttle and off to the airport only to do it all again upon returning from trip is daunting. However, the idea of Limo service is next best but we are stumped by no baby seat concern. Then we are on to the stay at the hotel and park our car the whole time we are away but no hassels at 430am as car would have been parked we just march downstairs for shuttle....Any suggestions? Thanks
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 09:08 AM

GTAA? What is it?
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Greater Toronto Area Airport
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 11:23 AM

GTAA is "Greater Toronto Airports Authority" The airport is Toronto Peason International Airport.
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 01:13 PM

I actually like Park N Fly especially when flying Air Canada because - in Vancouver anyway, unless I'm going to the states, I can check my luggage in and get my boarding pass there. On the other hand if you have to be at the airport at 4:30 AM You'ld probably have to leave home a lot earlier than that and I can understand your hesitation with a youg infant.

Because of that I would certainly consider the overnight stay at an Airport Hotel to be the best bet. Some have airline check ins as well but most just have the usual shuttles. At the very least it would give you some extra sleep and probably wouldn't cost much more and maybe less than Park N Fly.

As for limo service why would that allow you to get to the airport any earlier than 4:30 AM if you were being picked up at home? I'm assuming of course that you have a 6AM-7AM flight that requires you to be at the airport 90 minutes before. Anyhow the limo might be the cheapest alternative but not the easiest on your nerves since you would have to factor in the time getting to the airport from where you live.
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 05:19 PM
wow

Take the limo. Bring your car seat. You are going to need the car seat when you arrive @ your destination anyway. Check the car seat w/ your luggage. I always do limo. When you book your "departure" limo, also book your "return". Then, when you arrive back @ Pearson after your trip, follow the signs & go to "Pre-Arranged Transportation". Go to the "pre-arranged transportation" kiosk. Give your name & the name of the Limo company. They will call down to the "compound" where the limos park & w/in a few minutes your limo will arrive. Put your car seat in, put your baby in & away we go! Easy!
Alternatively, if you will not require your car seat when you get to your final destination, the limo company shd be able to provide a car seat for you.
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 06:02 PM

Some of the airport hotels offer free parking for one week or two If you stay there the night before you leave. Check them out. I know I've done it at the Holiday Inn and also at the hotel that used to be Skyline ( I'm sory I don't remember what it's called now. Perhaps BAK knows.

The other think is, the shuttles with Park n Fly are pretty quick. Not using this method would only save you about 45 minutes in the morning, so it still might be your best bet.
Good luck.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Fabulous responses....nice to see others have the same thought process as I do...The Limo company I called as referred by family who uses it for business - said no car seat provided I would have to provide my own...we don't need one on the other side so she suggested use seat belt...on an 11 month old??? So for fear also of having too much stuff with stroller and luggage we have decided to go with hotel...ok in my heart I was hoping this would be the logical choice...yippee start trip early! But alas...hotel info...if it isnt one thing it is another! Thanks for all your help I am going to post a request for opinions on the hotels!
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 06:34 PM

The easiest way to arrive and depart at Pearson is to park at Pearson. The cost is $22 per day.