Search

Tofino experts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tofino experts

As I've been researching accommodations in Tofino I stumbled across Judi's Seaside Cottage and wonder if anyone is familiar with the cottage or location?

http://www.greatspots.com/pages/vacation_rental_2G5.htm

It looks like a great place - but without personal reviews from someone here or on trip advisor I'm hesitate to proceed.

Old Dec 5th, 2007, 08:27 PM

I wonder who lives downstairs?

Have you contacted them and asked for references from past guests?

It's a <i>killer</i> location and the price-while seemingly high-is in line with what people charge there.

Is there a minimum stay as pers so many other places on WCVI?

Old Dec 6th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

I've just sent an email off to the owner to get more info -- I'll report back.

We had planned to stay at Middle Beach -- but the choice accommodations there are out of our price range. We'd like to keep it around $300/night or less. Tofino is not only hard to get to -- it is expensive - which is why we haven't gotten there yet. But, DH really wants to get there while we're living in the Pacific NW (Portland, OR) -- but even from Portland it is going to require an overnight in route in both directions.

The other place I've been looking at is Chesterman Beach Bed &amp; Breakfast -- private suites -- and lots of great reviews on trip advisor. Normally we don't stay in B&amp;B's -- but this place isn't your typical B&amp;B. Any feedback on this spot would also be appreciated.

Old Dec 6th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Just heard back from the rental company -- there is no one living in the lower level -- the &quot;cottage&quot; is the entire building. Sounds appealing - but would still feel more comfortable if someone here had any additional insights about this rental vs. a suite at Chestman's Bed &amp; Breakfast and/or other accommodations in Tofino.
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 07:40 PM

Hello cm, I don't profess to be a 'Tofino expert' but we stayed in Tofino in July this year at Beachwood and had a great time, owners next door but barely saw them - very comfortable and across the road from Chesterman Beach.
http://www.beachwoodtofino.com/
Let me know if I can answer any queries if you are interested.
Old Dec 8th, 2007, 04:24 AM

Yes, accommodations are expensive in the Tofino area. If the cost is keeping you away, consider tent camping in the National Park. You will likely need a reservation and should get it soon as the park campground fills up most nights.
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 01:46 PM

Check out Pacific Sands. The apartments are great with immediate access to the beach and drop dead view. 2nd floor is best for view. We have been there twice &amp; would go back tomorrow if we could!