temporary license

Jun 14th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Original Poster
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1
temporary license

My husband and I are leaving for Montreal on Sunday 6-17-07. He had his license stolen or he lost it the other day.

He went to get an new license and in Massachusetts they give you a temporary license that states in bold print on it, this is not good for identification purposes.

It will take 7-10 days to get his permanent license.

he doesn't have a passport.

he does have original birth certificate, voter id card and hopefully his FID card has a photo if he find it.

is there anything he can do?

thank you!!!!
raffol is offline  
Jun 14th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 434
Hi, he needs a photo ID and original birth certificate to enter Canada - it doesn't have to be a driver's license. A company ID card or similar would be okay.
lucyp is offline  
Jun 14th, 2007, 04:56 AM
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 434
If his voter ID has his name and photo on it it should be okay especially since he does have his temp license to back him up.
lucyp is offline  
Jun 14th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 541
LucyP - isn't the requirement for a "Government Issued Photo ID"? I'm not sure a company security pass or library card with photo would do...voting card probably would...
BikerScott is offline  
Jun 14th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 434
Hi, BikerScott is correct. I'm sorry - my friend from LA flew in a few years back with no passport or drivers license and his company ID with original birth certificake was accepted then.

I should have checked again before replying.
lucyp is offline  
Jun 14th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,759
Things have changed: check with official websites like Government of Canada and the US government: one toe let you know what you require to get into Canada and the other (far stricter) what it will take to get back into the US.
LJ is offline  
Jun 14th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 77
Does Massachusetts have an ID card which you can get in a hurry? Here in Florida it is issued on the spot if you have the proper identification.
My understanding is that you will need a picture ID issued by a goverment agency and some other official identification.
LJ is correct, it may be easier getting into Canada than it is getting back to the states. It's the US Government that made the passport regulations. Good luck!
floridakathleen is offline  
Related Topics
Original Poster
Last Post
Air Travel
Dec 13th, 2014 08:03 AM
United States
Jun 18th, 2013 04:59 AM
United States
Oct 10th, 2007 08:54 AM
Air Travel
Jul 19th, 2006 06:03 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:39 AM.