Squamish Lodging

Jul 27th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Original Poster

Squamish Lodging

We would like to spend one night in Squamish and are undecided as to where to stay. The Sea to Sky Hotel and Mountain Retreat Hotel appear to be our best options. Can anyone comment on the quality of these two hotels?
Jul 28th, 2004, 07:31 AM

I don't know why you would want to stay in Squamish, when you are only 40 minutes from Vancouver or Whistler. Both have a lot more to offer in the way of accomodation and dining than Squamish. Cheers, Al
Jul 28th, 2004, 07:35 AM

Hi Westie,
To answer your question ... I am familiar with the Sea to Sky, it is an older motel/hotel type on the road to Whistler. It is not very attractive. I do not know the other one.
Jul 28th, 2004, 09:34 AM

I agree with Al, Westie, unless you are visiting friends right in Squamish, I wouldn't suggest staying overnight there.

I stayed once at a Squamish chain motel situate right next to the highway, only because I needed to be close to friends in Paradise Valley. Squamish isn't a "destination" town.

If you want to position yourself outside of the downtown Vancouver core for the drive to Whistler, consider the Park Royal Hotel, a small hotel i West Vancouver on the banks of the Capilano River, and a 1/4 mile or so to the highway.

Cheers,
Linda

Jul 30th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your input. We are driving from Williams Lake and it looked like Squamish would be a good stopping point. I guess we will continue on and stay in Whistler.

Jul 30th, 2004, 07:10 AM

If you are coming from Billy's pond, you should turn off just befroe Cache creek, and drive over the Duffy Lake Rd through Lilloet, and Pemberton to Whistler. It is a gorgeous , easy drive(well, it does go through the mountains, but it isn't that bad) and it saves you a lot of travel time. Cheers, Al