Reload this Page >

Special dinner in Victoria

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 07:55 AM
Lynn

We get to Victoria around 4:30, go check into our B&B and then need to find a nice anniversary dinner...we leave the next day around 2:30. Any suggestions for restaurant choices?<BR>Also, will we have enough time the next day to look at the gardens, Empress and Charles Rupert store? What about an early tea or nice lunch?

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Janie

Hi there,<BR>We had a nice fine-dining experience at the Harbour House in Vicoria. The food was very good and the atmosphere romantic. High tea at the Empress is very popular. We didn't do it because we had three kids with us but it looked very elegant although it was very crowded and in a large dining room which took away from the whole experience I would think. Hope this helps. Happy Anniversary.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Paula

If you have the use of a car ... my husband and I have dined just outside of Victoria at Sooke Harbour House. It was quite a wonderful meal, great service, and lovely atmosphere.<BR><BR>www.sookeharbourhouse.com

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 04:26 AM
Lisa

The Wharfside on the harbour is also really good

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Coco

Lynn, As the other person posted here, I too highly recommend Sooke Harbor House in Sooke. It is located right on the water and you can get a magnificant view from just about any table. Only thing is if you won't have a car it is approx a 1 hrs drive from heart of Victoria and may take longer driving in the evening rush hr. (We only ate lunch there.)As for Victoria proper: The Empress Hotel has a beautiful, elegant impressive dining room you may want to try. Also, over in Oak Bay (just a stone's throw away) check out the Oak Bay Beach Hotel's dining room (Bently's)also overlooking the water. (BTW tea is served here every Sunday.) For our anniversary dinner we ate at the Ocean Pointe Hotel;s main dining room which was very nice. You can check these places out on the internet to get a good idea.<BR>As for viewing Butchart Gardens and tea at the Empress next day...That may be cutting it close. Tea is only served in afternoon; BG is quite a drive away.<BR>If there is anything else I can help you with, just post here.<BR>Good luck. Coco<BR>P.S. Oh, I just remembered a quaint Victorian-style restaurant in Inner Harbor located just across the street from the Admiral Hotel. I can't for the life of me remember the name. That too was wonderful, great ambiance.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Coco

Lynn,<BR>I remembered the name of this fine dining, french restaurant. It is "Pablo's" and located on Quebec St., a block behind the Inner Harbor. We ate here on our last night in Victoria. Cozy and romantic. Request a table by the window. (No water view here.)<BR> http://victoriamenus.com/R_details.asp?Rest=2<BR><BR>Happy Anniversary.<BR><BR>Coco

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Spud

If you're looking for someplace really special Sooke Harbour House gets my vote, well worth the hour drive. Nothing else even comes close.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 11:46 AM
jim

The Sooke Harbour House is indeed great.<BR>Another just as good is the Deep Cove Chalet, locate (surprise) in Deep Cove,about 30 minutes north of downtown.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Lynn

The B&B hostess recommended Cafe Brio for our anniversary dinner. Anyone heard of that one, and if so, and comments? Thanks again

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Jill

Coco-<BR>Tell me about Pablo's - the menu looks great but can't find it in any guide books. Thinking about going there for my birthday dinner. Where is it? What's the attire? Does it have a bar? Web site said something about live music. Thanks for your help.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 10:08 PM
April

I've heard Cafe Brio is good but I've never been. Ditto Camilles in Bastion Square. Wharfside has a great location but I think their food is mediocre at best.<BR><BR>You could wander through the Empress before or after dinner, and try to fit in the Charles Rupert store, etc. the next day.<BR>

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Coco

Hi Jill, You want to know a little bit about Pablo's? Not knowing north from south when am in Victoria, It's location is over on the same side as the Day's Inn, Laurel Point Inn, Barb's. Is that considered James Bay? I don't know. which is just across the st. from the ferry terminal and back one block and just across the street from the Admiral Hotel. Attire: I would say dress "smart casual." There is a small free parking area behind the establishment. I don't remember a bar per se. We were seated in the main front dining room so did not walk around to other rooms to see if there was indeed a bar. The food and service was wonderful. Nice upscale restaurant.<BR>Enjoy. Coco Anything else?

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 02:18 PM
April

Coco, <BR>Yes, that is James Bay.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Coco

April,<BR><BR>Thanks for clarifying this for me. You must live in the area?<BR><BR>Coco

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 01:56 PM
lola

I have lived in Victoria for fifty years. The best dinner suggestions at a reasonable price: Hugos, Il Terrazo and Barkleys. I would forget Cafe Brio..ate there last week....very disappointing. Sooke Harbour House is great...somewhat more expensive and out of town.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 07:28 PM
April

I won't rush out to Cafe Brio then, but I found Hugo's disappointing last visit too.