Seeking advice on Quebec City trip with 7 month old

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello- My husband and I will be traveling to QC in the beginning of June for a long weekend with our 7 month old. We have never been and were hoping for suggestions on baby friendly things to do while we are there. Our guidebook recommends the Old Upper Town, the Old Lower Town and Battlefields Park, but I have no idea how much time to allot to those places and also whether there is anything in particular that we should not miss. We open to any suggestions! We realize that this will be a "different" type of trip for us since we are bringing our baby along (i.e. won't be spending our time in museums, etc.), but we would be perfectly happy to walk through charming neighborhoods/streets, visit outdoor historic sights, have a picnic, or anything else that would be good to do with a baby. Also, does anyone have any experience with strollers in QC? Would it be hard to take a stroller on the funicular? Many thanks!
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:23 AM

2 days would do to see the most interesting sites.O would suggest you stay at a hotel in the old town.We stayed at the Manoir de l'esplanade just inside the old town walls.You can do everything from there on foot.THe stroller on the funicular will not be easy.There's also a staircase to the old town.Paul
Old May 16th, 2010, 03:42 PM

I am hoping more people will post here with ideas as we have needs similar to yours. We want to visit Quebec City with a dog and want to know about outdoor activities and eateries. Can a person walk from Manoir de l'esplanade to the sites in the old town?
Old May 17th, 2010, 01:34 AM

It's only a 5 minute walk from the hotel to the other end of the old town.You're also close to the citadel.Guided visits only,don't know if dogs are allowed.The hotel has an arrangement with a parking garage in the neighbourhood with reduced prices.
Old May 17th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Paul! We are staying at the Chateau Frontenac. Are there any other things that you recommend us visiting while we are there? Also, is Battlefields Park the type of place where you can have a picnic?
Old May 18th, 2010, 04:04 AM

You could.It's very vast.Don't forget to visit the Citadel.Very interesting.PAul