Sandwich place in Jasper

Search

Sandwich place in Jasper

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2007, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sandwich place in Jasper

Can anyone suggest places in Jasper AND Lake Louise where one can pick up sandwiches very early in the morning before going on trails?
Thanks.
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 07:46 AM
LJ

Tim Hortons has sandwiches available at almost all outlets. Now lets wait for someone to tell us IF they are an all-day thing?
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 08:25 AM

I am not aware of Tim Hortons in either Lake Louise or Jasper.

In Lake Louise, Laggans Bakery and Deli used to be a popular place to get sandwiches. However, I have read some very negative reports about it this summer. It appears to have gone downhill.

Apparently there is another sandwich shop in Samson Mall. I don't know the name. Anyway, reports coming out of there over this past summer indicate that this outfit is better than Laggans.

Jasper has a handful of places that are good for sandwiches. A perennial favourite, that was still good last I heard, is Bear's Paw Bakery.
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 08:42 AM

<<
In Lake Louise, Laggans Bakery and Deli used to be a popular place to get sandwiches. However, I have read some very negative reports about it this summer. It appears to have gone downhill.
>>

That's sad to hear, Laggan's has always been my favourite Lake Louise food stop. I haven't been there since last winter though.
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 09:31 AM

Lake Louise ~ Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise has a deli that's wonderful for making sandwiches to go....both premade and made to order. It's near the front...just to the left of the main lobby.

Jasper ~ Another vote for Bear Paw bakery...awesome!
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 11:36 AM

We were there last year from the UK.

We found the fare in Langans to be rather ordinary but Bears Paw Bakery in Jasper is the best sandwich shop in the world.
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 01:56 PM

Here's another vote for Bear's Paw Bakery in Jasper. Besides getting a sandwich for your hike, treat yourself to one of those delicious white chocolate-raspberry scones.

Old Aug 21st, 2007, 02:11 PM
fae

Don't know if you would want to do this or not, but we made wraps and took with us in our backpacks along with apples, chips, and trailmix. The IGA store in Jasper has different flavors of wraps along with lunchmeat and cheeses. We used garden vegetable cream cheese spread on the wraps along with ham or turkey and cheese. Wrapped them in saran wrap and they work great in a backpack. Someone had done that for us when we hiked in the Grand Canyon so we copied the idea because it works well. However, it helps to have a frig in your room as we did at all places we stayed. One night we cooked out steaks at Patricia Lake Bungalows, and I had extra fresh spinach leftover from the spinach salad kit I had bought and I put it on the wraps the next day.
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 02:42 PM

fae
Great suggestion.
I had to ask the wife what a"wrap" is, and it should be a good substitute for my usual gooey peanut butter and jelly/honey sandwich.
I usually have to use my drinking water to remove the P&B from my hands while on the trail.
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:41 AM

I agree with going to Bear's paw.... just be ready for it to be packed in the morning though. Definetly worth the wait
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:47 AM

After reading other posts in the Canada forum, it's been mentioned that there is a "sister-restaurant" to Bear Paw in Jasper. It's called "The Other Paw" and so far the consences is...it's better than Bear Paw.

I'm headed to Jasper in late September and will check it out myself.