Search

Royal Tattoo

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2002, 02:46 AM
csr

Royal Tattoo

Has anyone attended the Royal Tattoo in Halifax and, if so, is it worth it? I know I would enjoy it but will my wife, who has ZERO interest in Militaria be bored to tears?<BR>I'm hoping the pageantry would be enough to keep her interested. <BR>thx

Old May 24th, 2002, 04:12 AM
Tanya

Buy your tickets! You won't be disappointed. There is lots to entertain everyone even children enjoy it.

Old May 24th, 2002, 08:23 AM
wendy

I agree with Tanya. I'm not much for Militaria either, but I very much enjoy the Tattoo.

Old May 25th, 2002, 01:52 AM
csr

Thanks for the imput. Sounds like we'll be going!<BR>c

Old May 25th, 2002, 05:49 AM
Kimberly

I enjoy the tattoo as well. There are other acts from across the world,gymnasts, etc., not all are military bands. My daughter performed in it last year & this year she will be performing as a chicken - watch for her (ha,ha)!

Old May 31st, 2002, 03:27 PM
Gin

By all means, GO!!. We were privileged to see it last year and decided it was the best live show we've ever attended. And that includes Broadway hits, etc. Really has nothing to do with military. Be prepared for the lump in the throat when the massed pipes do "Amazing Grace".<BR>Kimberly, how are they working a chicken in?<BR>Let us know how you enjoyed it.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 05:04 AM
Sheila

Are tickets usually available the day of a performance.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR><BR>Sheila

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Tanya

Just called the Metro Centre for you. They can't guarantee they will have tickets, but apparently they don't sell out. Ticket prices are around $26 to $29 dollars for adults with a small discount for seniors.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Sheila

Tanya,<BR><BR>How nice of you to call. Thank you!<BR><BR><BR>Sheila