Romantic Dinner in Montreal

Old Jul 6th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romantic Dinner in Montreal

My husband and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary with a weekend trip to Montreal in September (we're from Chicago).
I am looking for a nice restaurant for a Saturday night dinner, romantic/good food/ambiance. Cost doesn't matter (it's a special night!).
We're staying at the Hilton Bonaventure, and I was thinking somewhere in Old Town, but I'm open to suggestions.
French/Italian/Seafood are all good with us..
I'm pregnant so I'm easy to please

Thanks for your help!
Trish
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 06:10 AM

Hi Trish. To get the ball rolling, in Old Montreal may I suggest either Chez Queux or Les Remparts. Happy anniversary!
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 07:04 PM

A very nice restaurant is the 'Tour de Ville' restaurant which is on the top of Delta Hotel on University street downtown Montreal. Wonderful, very romantic. I was there for the New Years Eve two years ago and was perfect. You see all Montreal from there, and the night is amazing, all the lights. Besides, the restaurant moves, it turns, and the view change. If you want a romantic Dinner this is the place.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 06:36 AM

My husband and I just returned from Montreal...we had a very good, "special occassion" dinner at Da Emma. It's in the Old Town, but a bit off the beaten path located in the cellar of what was once a prison. (Yes, I know this does not sound especially romantic, yet it was.) If you enjoy Italian food I would recommend this, they had a fettucine and porcini mushroom dish that was especially wonderful. Enjoy Montreal!
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the suggestions, you've give me some great ideas !!
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 07:14 PM

One more suggestion in Old Montreal: The Pierre du Calvet restaurant, located in a charming historic house, near the Marché Bonsecours. Great food, romantic atmosphere.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...ant_montreal-i

Ginny
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 10:03 AM

Being a Westy (someone from the west Island) I find we have a tendency in Montreal to congregate downtown, but for romantic a half hour trip to hudson just off the island will get you to the Clementine which won an award for being the most romantic restaurant in Quebec
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 03:17 PM

Ah yes, Clementine !! I forget to go that way but I've had many memorable meals there; they serve a butterscotch sauce over ice cream ( it's a family recipe), they are famous for it....