RePost and Re worded

Jun 19th, 2006, 04:13 AM
Original Poster

RePost and Re worded

Ok, didn't get many responses so I'm going to reword - has anyone RECENTLY stayed at Coast Plaza and how is it??
Thanks - I read some bad reviews BUT i think it is a good location and we cannot afford the Westin Bayshore (I got quoted at $400/night w/o breakfast - ugh)

Thanks for any insights into coast plaza. We need a suite but also like a full service hotel.

Lori
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:16 AM

OK, but now no one knows that your question is about the Coast Plaza hotel. How about a title like "Recent reviews of the Coast Plaza (Vancouver)?"
Jun 20th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kate. Not so good at these forums, i've found. Like reading them but need help using them!
Lori
Jun 21st, 2006, 01:05 PM

You should really try Priceline.com before you book anything. Downtown Vancouver has excellent selection of 4* and 3* hotels, although you have to accept what they give you. I just booked two nights at the Bayshore for [email protected] (regular room for 2, not a suite).
Jun 21st, 2006, 05:40 PM

I put members of my family there last Christmas. They thought it was just fine. Big rooms and good kitchenette facilities. The decor is fairly austere, and there aren't any particularly nice public areas but, hey, the views are great if you get a high floor, you're 3 blocks from Stanley Park, 3 blocks from English Bay and 5 blocks from Coal Harbour while only being 10 blocks from the downtown corner of Robson & Burrard. Hopefully, baby naps aside, you won't spend much time in the hotel anyway.
Jun 22nd, 2006, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

thanks littlemountain for your very helpful reply to this post and the denman street dining post as well!