Coast Plaza Hotel Vancouver

Mar 1st, 2004, 02:54 PM
klk
Original Poster

Coast Plaza Hotel Vancouver

Has anyone recently stayed at the Coast Plaza Hotel and Suites in Vancouver? There have been several positive posts in the past, but nothing current. I've read elsewhere that the rooms are looking a little worn and tired. We will be in Vancouver for the first time, really would like nice suite accommodations, and do not want to be disappointed.
Mar 3rd, 2004, 08:27 AM

I havn't actually stayed in the hotel but I've attended functions and used facilities there. The hotel was remodeled around 5 or 6 years ago, (maybe more), but my impression was that it was the facilities and not necessarily the rooms.

However the location of the Coast Plaza is wonderful for geting a real feel of West End Vancouver a Manhatten type of neighborhood with English Bay beach only two short blocks away. I say go for it!
Mar 6th, 2004, 09:21 AM

We stayed there in April 2003 as a start point for the train trip across the Rockies to Calgary. We were pleased with the fact that you had a good sized living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom with small balcony. The view was great and the location is ideal for wandering down to the shore to sit on a log and watch the sun go down! We found the hotel to be one of the most reasonably priced we had stayed in! Breakfast and meals are pretty average but it's an ideal location. Frontage doesn't look much, nor does the reception, but we were more than happy with the place.
Mar 8th, 2004, 03:09 PM
klk
Original Poster

Thanks for your feedback. We're going to give it a try! I called the hotel and they said the upper floors have been recently remodeled. So we booked a room, on a remodeled floor, with a view of the water.
Mar 8th, 2004, 03:44 PM

If you are looking for a very nice condo suite without a 'hotel' feel, try the Carmana Plaza. It is a hidden gem in Vancouver. There is no restaurant but a Tim Horton's and a Wendy's right downstairs. It's located at Alberni and Thurlow, right near Robson St. shopping. It is very new-looking and also has balconies with views or solariums.