Reload this Page >

Quebec City recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 06:45 AM
GW

I just returned from Quebec City in June and have some suggestions. The upper and lower district of the old walled city are so close and the area is so small that you can easily access the region by foot. However, we felt the upper area was full of tourists, so we prefered to stay in the lower area. The best place to stay is the Hotel Dominion if you can. It is in an interesting upscale area with lots of great cafes, good shops, etc. We were on a budget so stayed at a new hotel on St. Paul St. called the Hotel des Coutelliers, which was very nice and had helpful service too. Recommend going to the better cafes for lunch and ordering the full meal including appetizer, salad, full meal, drink and dessert -- usually there is a selection to choose from -- for a total of about $10-15 US dollar... a real bargain. We ate at cheaper spots with so-so food, which ended up costing more. Also recommend taking the Aalard guided walking tour, and the boat ferry at sunset to see Quebec lit up at nite. Thought the whole town was touristy and did not have the pizazz of the French culture in France...but it is Canada. We found that 2 days was enough to spend there and headed for the countryside.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 08:53 AM
Judy

We are planning a trip to Quebec in July and I was wondering if you could give us the names of the cafe's you enjoyed.Thanks

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 10:45 AM
JLG

We enjoyed your info on Quebec and would like your recomendations for cafe's you enjoyed.Thanks<BR><BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:03 PM
xxx

What is the price range of Hotel des Coutelliers?

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:50 AM
yyy

We've alreay booked Hotel des Coutelliers for our summer trip. Can you tell me a little more about it? Is it close to any casual eateries? What are the rooms like? I am aleady expecting great service based on the phone call I made to make the reservation. Anything else?<BR><BR>Thanks.