Quebec City Query

Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 03:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quebec City Query

My wife and I will be spending 3 or 4 days in Quebec City during the 2nd week of Sept. Any suggestions for: Small Hotels/Inns...... Things to do and/or "must-sees" would be greatly appreciated. We will have our own auto. ANY suggestions are welcome as neither of us has been before. Thanks
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 12:38 PM

There are many pleasant inns, b&b's and hotels in the Old city of Quebec. Rue St. Ursule is a quiet street in the upper old city lined with inexpensive b&b's, small hotels, and even a hostel. Some offer parking, others will give you directions to the nearest parking garage. A few that come to mind are the James Thompson, B&B Latin Quarter, Hotel Demers. The area on the Parc du Governeurs near the Frontenac also has some very nice looking small hotels in a tranquil setting. Both the upper and lower areas are very interesting and would be fine to stay in. St. Paul street in the lower city has some very interesting places to eat, and is a bit less touristy than some other parts of the old city. Look back on this site to find lots of info in this great city.
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 03:10 AM
Original Poster

thank you, zoot!
Any suggestions for daytime excursions either in or near the city?
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 09:48 AM

Cruss99,

I just returned from Quebec City and while I stayed the first three nights in a Fairmont Gold room at the Chateau Frontenac ($549 Canadian Dollars per night, stay 2 nights get 3rd night free), during my 4th and final night I found a great 4* Bed & Breakfast for only $139 Canadian, per night.

It was called the Mon Calme B&B and was one block over from the Loews Le Concorde. I originally checked into a suite at the Concorde for $325 Canadian and I found it absolutely hideous. I may as well have been Austin Powers and beamed back to the late 60's/early 70's with the decor (and smell) of this hotel.

My wife and I were walking down the street shortly after checking into the Concorde and came across Mon Calme, and talked to the owner, found out there was a vacancy, returned to the Concorde, spoke to the hotel manager and demanded to be released from our night's stay.

It was a great decision, as Mon Calme was only a 10 minute walk from the very best part of Old Quebec (where Chateau Frontenac is located) and had plenty of restaurants on the same street.

Breakfast was excellent and the room was spotless and decorated wonderfully (Room #3). I don't know the website or email address but just look for Mon Calme in Quebec City.

Best of luck!
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 02:48 AM
Original Poster

Roccco,
Thanks, so much, for the tip. I found the website. www.manoirmoncalme.com/english.htm
It sounds like a great place.
csr