Most convenient place to stay in Quebec City

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning on going to QC on the 25-28 of July. I am so confused as to the best area to stay in! We are looking for a moderate (under US $120) standard room (prefer king bed), a/c, most important clean! Do we stay in Haute-ville, Basse-ville or Grand-Allee, or does it not even matter? We will be driving, so we need to have parking for the car!
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 12:21 PM

Hi
I googled this because we stayed close to the Chateau Frontenac when we were in QC so I had to look up the areas you are speaking of (out of curiosity).
I found this an interesting description of Quebec City and the areas within the walls.
Our small hotel had parking for guests so you can check while searching and be sure you find one with parking.
The city is quite small, it might not matter where you stay. We never got in the car except one day trip to the falls and a lovely cathedral.
Hope this helps~

http://www.wsoccer.com/flights-and-h...a/quebec-city/
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 12:40 PM

Any one of those 3 areas are fine. Haute-ville (upper city) would be my choice, just because there is a great view, but the lower city is also very charming. Grand Allee is a boulevard of outdoor cafes about 3 blocks outside the old city walls - also a nice (but noisy) area.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 02:59 PM

Hotel Manoir Victoria has been recommended by others and you might be able to stay within your budget by reserving a standard room. Check them out at www.manoir-victoria.com
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 07:46 PM

Hi reneeira,
Try La maison Robert. This is a small B&B establishment with only 2 ensuite rooms. The rooms are large, very clean, with all supplies such as hair dryer, shampoo,, etc. and the best part is the delicious breakfast cooked by the friendly hostess. This is located in the upper town, inside the wall, very convenient to walk everywhere.
www.inntravels.com/canada