Pantages Hotel in Toronto

Apr 11th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

Pantages Hotel in Toronto

Has anyone stayed at The Pantages Hotel in Toronto? The website looks great but just looking for advice...
Apr 11th, 2005, 11:35 AM
BAK

Months ago a Fodor's poster (back then) stayed there and reported a high level of satisfaction.

Since then, more of the neighboring construction has been completed. Good location, too, for shopping and theatre.

BAK
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:38 PM

The reviews on tripadvisor.com are quite mixed, with a few 5* reviews and a few very disappointed visitors who were not impressed by room size, noise levels, (lack of) service, construction, etc. The hotel is located in the same building as a condo, and I've also heard rumours that it's fairly loud because there are quite a few students in the condo side of the building.

Also, while it is convenient to shopping at the Eaton Centre and two of the local theatres, I don't think it's on the "wrong side" of Yonge Street (east of Yonge), which is more downmarket than the hotels that located either in a) the business district (e.g. King Edward), the entertainment district (e.g. Le Germain), Harbourfront (e.g. Westin Harbour Castle) or Yorkville (the most upscale - eg Hyatt, Inter-Continental on Bloor, Four Seasons).

If you can get a great deal, then consider it, but otherwise I think there are more attractively situated hotels that have worked through their growing pains.
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:38 PM

The reviews on tripadvisor.com are quite mixed, with a few 5* reviews and a few very disappointed visitors who were not impressed by room size, noise levels, (lack of) service, construction, etc. The hotel is located in the same building as a condo, and I've also heard rumours that it's fairly loud because there are quite a few students in the condo side of the building.

Also, while it is convenient to shopping at the Eaton Centre and two of the local theatres, I don't think it's on the "wrong side" of Yonge Street (east of Yonge), which is more downmarket than the hotels that located either in a) the business district (e.g. King Edward), the entertainment district (e.g. Le Germain), Harbourfront (e.g. Westin Harbour Castle) or Yorkville (the most upscale - eg Hyatt, Inter-Continental on Bloor, Four Seasons).

If you can get a great deal, then consider it, but otherwise I think there are more attractively situated hotels that have worked through their growing pains.
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:39 PM

I meant to say "I think it's located on the "wrong side" of Yonge; and of course, I also didn't mean to suggest that one could shop in the local theatres. This is what happens when you type when you're sleepy.
Apr 12th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Amy

I really enjoyed Pantages. My room was huge--large enough that I could have lived in it comfortably for some time--and the decor is lovely minimalist chic.

I was able to walk to just about everywhere in the main tourist areas that I wanted to visit and take public transport for the rest, so the location worked very well for me.

Service was fine, as well...and they kept the detergent and fabric softener stocked up for my little washer and dryer, as well.