Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hotel Recommendations in Downtown Toronto

Mar 12th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

I am coming to Toronto for the first time at the end of April for a conference. The conference is being held at the Sheraton Toronto Centre, but for various reasons, we'd prefer not to stay there. We prefer boutique hotels. Has anyone stayed at Le Germain-Toronto, Pantages, or others? Would love any recommendations! Thanks!
Mar 12th, 2004, 01:42 PM
BAK

The pantages is so new it will be hard to find people who have stayed there. it is opening in stages.

Le Germain is a fine place, and I've talked to various patrons; all were happy. It's perhaps a 10 minute walk to the Sheraton.

The Soho Metrolpolitan positions itself as a boutique hotel, too, and is another five minutes further away from teh Sheraton. I'd pick Le Germain from your list.

I've seen several rooms, and think it's a great place.

BAK
Mar 12th, 2004, 01:42 PM
BAK

The Pantages is so new it will be hard to find people who have stayed there. it is opening in stages.

Le Germain is a fine place, and I've talked to various patrons; all were happy. It's perhaps a 10 minute walk to the Sheraton.

The Soho Metrolpolitan positions itself as a boutique hotel, too, and is another five minutes further away from teh Sheraton. I'd pick Le Germain from your list.

I've seen several rooms, and think it's a great place.

BAK
Mar 12th, 2004, 05:30 PM

The Windsor Arms was the first boutique hotel in Toronto and is still the most luxurious. It is more traditional but has excellent food - very high end service and most movie stars choose either it or the Four Seasons.
Le German is much more modern and hip. Both are great choices and I think get good reviews at Tripadvisor.
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:14 AM

We are going to Toronto in May for The Producers and have booked to stay at the Pantages Hotel as they are offering great prices.They describe themselves as a boutique hotel........can someone tell me what this means and how this is different from a regular hotel?
I will be sending in my opinion of The Pantages.I am assuming the rooms are finished but the restaurant and bar are not due to open until June,2004.