Reload this Page >

Stylish Hotel in Toronto

Search

Stylish Hotel in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 05:49 AM
Chris

Stylish Hotel in Toronto

I'm looking for a stylish and trendy hotel to stay in while visiting Toronto in August. Does anyone have an thoughts? Thanks in advance. <BR>

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 06:48 AM
Brian Kilgore

Windsor Arms, on St. Thomas Street, just off Bloor Street West, in the Yorkville neighborhood.<BR><BR>BAK

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Chris

Thanks for the recommendation.<BR><BR>Is the Windsor Arms the only one? <BR><BR>Montreal seems to have several trendy boutique style hotels. (Hotel Nelligan &amp; Hotel Palce d'Armes to name two) I thought Toronto would be the same.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 03:46 PM
matt

Whilst the Toronto hotel scene is, sadly,not as varied as that of Montreal (one of the few areas in which MTL beats TO), there are some interesting places opening up. Check out Hotel Le Germain...tres chic, just opened and run by some Montreal hoteliers. It's on Mercer street, which in August is full of nightlife and probably the best neighborhood to be in. Around the corner the Soho Metropolitan is about to open, also trendy and boutique-style, close to shops and nightlife. The Arms is fun if you're of the Gucci or Prada set, but for a more funky crowd, Le Germain or Soho is the way to go.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Bonnie

The suggestion of the Windsor Arms is a good one since it's not part of a chain, is tucked away on a side street off trendy Bloor St., and has an old world charm that you just don't find in most hotels. Lovely spa, tea room by day/champagne room by night, small cozy cafe tucked away in the corner. If you asked me what my favourite hotel is then I would say the Park Hyatt. It's definitely stylish but not trendy in an edgy sort of way. We have put clients at the Skydome Hotel (maybe a Marriott Renaissance now) which is distinctly Toronto and home either permanently or temporarily to a lot of athletes. Having just got back from South Beach where I saw great trendy hotels I can't seem to think of anything in Toronto to equate with what I saw there. Not yet anyway!

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Chris

Thanks for the extra suggestions. I'll check them out,<BR><BR>Is the SoHo Metropolitan run by the same company that run the Metropolitan? The Metropolitan has had some poor reviews on this site!