Reload this Page >

Pacific Palisades Vancouver

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 01:57 PM
B.V.

I have seen a lot of conflicting reviews of this hotel. Any first hand info available?<BR>Location? Service? Amenities? Would love any <BR>information! Thanks.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 02:09 PM
leslieh

Joined my husband on a business trip and stayed there because it was close to the office he needed to go to...far end of Robson-long walk to the art museum and the happenin' shops. They had no record of our reservations when we got there(we booked on line) but they still had rooms available thankfully. Toilet ran all the time and wouldn't work- had to call for maitenance several times. Rooms were nice though-with a seperate bedroom and living room and a big deck-nice interior design. I can't say if I would go back. The whole place had a definite high brow attitude. <BR>I reccomend the Granville Island Hotel.<BRL

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Robyn

My boyfriend lives across the street, and being a local I've had no reason to stay there, but the Pacific Palisades is one of the few hotels that tends to attract Hollywood actors who are staying in Vancouver long-term working on movies.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Robyn

About the location though, it all depends on your definition of "long walk" - you can walk to pratically anywhere in downtown Vancouver within 20 minutes from the Pacific Palisades - Stanley Park, Denman Street, English Bay, Yaletown, Gastown, etc. There are hundreds of shops, restaurants and dozens of hotels within the vicinity of the Palisades. You aren't out of the way of anything in my opinion, as long as you realise that 5-20 minutes of walking is involved.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 07:07 AM
simon

I was in Vancouver earlier this week and noticed a lot of beggars and street people hanging around outside this hotel. I guess they think that people staying there have money.<BR><BR>They came up to me and asked for a loonie (dollar) and I said no, they then followed me for another block before finding someone else to bother.<BR><BR>They did not really bother me that much, but my wife was a little worried by them.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 11:59 AM
LP

I stay here everytime I go to Vancouver on business (twice a year). I have enjoyed it except make sure you do not get a room that is right on Robson. It will be noisy. Also avoid the elevator rooms (just like any other hotel). You will see beggars. Big city.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Robyn

Beggars are a fact of life anywhere in Vancouver. Most of them are drug addicts from the downtown eastside looking for drug money.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:15 PM
B.V.

Thank you so much for your information.<BR>We are really anxious to get to Vancouver. Yeah Vacation!!!!!!<BR>